The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiR

I have to get a DB just so more people pictures are posted :)

Thanks for diversifying the thread.
hehe.. just get one already :)

That said - i have found that i do shoot less of digital now, that i kinda half-merged into shooting ULF. Never been super big on shooting many images in one session and now i cant help but go "oh, lets shoot this one on film!" every so often.. Specially when it comes to figure shots or period pieces.

I already do get different response from people who getting shot with RZ due "different camera, never seen one of those", but it is super intensified with 4x5 and 8x10. Everyone works way harder.

Grayhand

Summer...

RZll + 250mm (non APO) +P45
Old 250 is one of my favorite lenses for RZ
When it broke I bought the APO version, but it was way to much "digital".
I still miss it. But you do need a big studio to use it :eek:

Ray

Professional

It's funny, in the series of shots with the h4d he completely connects with the camera. But in the d3x session he seemed to look anywhere but at me. Lol.....

I think he just felt he was above it and deserved the hassy.
I think he was thinking a LOUD "It is the gear, donkey, not you...", hehehe :ROTFL:

Professional

Summer...

RZll + 250mm (non APO) +P45
Old 250 is one of my favorite lenses for RZ
When it broke I bought the APO version, but it was way to much "digital".
I still miss it. But you do need a big studio to use it :eek:

Ray
And why not the 180mm??? I don't know if you can't use the old lenses if you use digital back, but on my RZ, i have 50mm and 180mm, with 180mm for portraits i feel it is the best one to use, sure i can go longer, but that 180mm is just perfect fit or right one for it, give it a try if you didn't yet.

Grayhand

And why not the 180mm??? I don't know if you can't use the old lenses if you use digital back, but on my RZ, i have 50mm and 180mm, with 180mm for portraits i feel it is the best one to use, sure i can go longer, but that 180mm is just perfect fit or right one for it, give it a try if you didn't yet.
I had the 180 mm. It also had a very good "analog" feeling to it.
I had a lot of RZ stuff which I sold last summer.
I used it with my P45 and P45+
Favorites was 65mm, 140 macro (latest) 180 and 250.
But for me 250 was extra special.
Newer really loved 50 ULD or the 110mm
250 and 350 APO was sharp, but did not render the picture to my liking.
Also learned that 250 APO with the 1.4 converter was in principe as sharp as the 350 APO, so that lens spent the rest of the time on the shelf.
The"fish eye" was really sharp but not often used.
And a lot more lesson learned regarding the RZ system...

Ray

Professional

I had the 180 mm. It also had a very good "analog" feeling to it.
I had a lot of RZ stuff which I sold last summer.
I used it with my P45 and P45+
Favorites was 65mm, 140 macro (latest) 180 and 250.
But for me 250 was extra special.
Newer really loved 50 ULD or the 110mm
250 and 350 APO was sharp, but did not render the picture to my liking.
Also learned that 250 APO with the 1.4 converter was in principe as sharp as the 350 APO, so that lens spent the rest of the time on the shelf.
The"fish eye" was really sharp but not often used.
And a lot more lesson learned regarding the RZ system...

Ray
I am planning or say thinking to get a digital back maybe Phase One or Leaf for my RZ, but in fact i bought it to use it as film, i have digital Hasselblad anyway.
I have 50 and 180, but the another lens i want to get is 110, i know that i want 140 macro, but i don't think i will use this camera for everything or many things, so i may decide to get 110 only, i have Mamiya 7 so that may have more use over RZ, and i also have another film MF cameras including Hassy, so i don't want to buy many lenses for RZ if it will not be the main or most used body, but i can see you use it nicely and then you get some good collection.

corposant

I have 50 and 180, but the another lens i want to get is 110, i know that i want 140 macro, but i don't think i will use this camera for everything or many things, so i may decide to get 110 only
You won't regret getting the 140mm Macro (especially the L-A version) - it's actually a great environmental portrait lens, as well as for close-ups.

gerald.d

Yeah, I know. It's that building again.

Had a rare opportunity to get onto the balcony of a 60th floor penthouse in a building opposite the Burj, so it seemed only right to dig out the trusty HCam and 24TS-E again :)

/edit
Oof. Just done a quick render of a 4-shot stitch with the TC and 70HR. Quite amazing. Will work on it and post later :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.