The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. It's that building again.
No kidding, for most photographers the rite of passage is to take a photo of a duck, but for arch. photographers it's gotta be this, right? At least that's what it seems like because so far I've seen "that building" so many times I have to wonder if someone's re-posting shots LOL.

bahr

Yeah, I know. It's that building again.

Had a rare opportunity to get onto the balcony of a 60th floor penthouse in a building opposite the Burj, so it seemed only right to dig out the trusty HCam and 24TS-E again :)

/edit
Oof. Just done a quick render of a 4-shot stitch with the TC and 70HR. Quite amazing. Will work on it and post later :)
Hi Gerald, was that from the address hotel? I actually did a similar shot a year ago but from the 50th floor.lol...

I can't wait to see the tc shot. :)

gerald.d

No kidding, for most photographers the rite of passage is to take a photo of a duck, but for arch. photographers it's gotta be this, right? At least that's what it seems like because so far I've seen "that building" so many times I have to wonder if someone's re-posting shots LOL.
I like to think of it as the world's biggest tripod... ;)

bahr

Wow, that's some clarity with the tc set up. I'm itching for a tech can but its difficult to demo anything in this country. May I ask what attracted you to the alpa? For the stitching are you going with the gigapan or similar? I was hoping to go with something that has shift capabilities on the back like a arca rm3di or cambo but when I had a demo of the linhof techno in London a few months back I really liked it.

dizzyg44

Same must be true for Landscape guys and Horse Shoe Bend, I swear I see the same image of it almost daily each time from someone else :D

bahr

Hi Gerald, do you find the Hcam a great tool in place of tech cam? How do the canon lenses hold up on it with your iq180? Also, have you tried out the 17t/s on it?

Bahr

gerald.d

Hi Bahr - I would say that it compliments a tech-cam. Hoping to get hold of a 17TSE to use with it in the near future.

Here's a link to full resolution images with the 24 TSE:

08.ae/panos/24TSEtest/24test1b.html

James Clark

Phase DF, IQ160 and the 80 LS. This was a "between the shots" moment I clicked off when I was chatting with the model we were using for a shoot for an emerging bridal designer.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Well, sometimes, the photographer's efforts to get their shadow out of the picture are just not good enough... :facesmack:

Best,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.