The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

Just got back from running errands. Fall is winding up here. This is Pleasant Pond in Litchfield, ME. Pentax 645D, 55mm, stitch of vertical frames, handheld.

Shashin

We don't often see Sun Dogs (parhelion) around here--I caught this just as I was coming home tonight. If you look to each side of the frame at the same altitude of the sun, you will notice a shimmering area. The one on the left is far brighter, but both are there. The one directly above the sun was not visible.

tsjanik

We don't often see Sun Dogs (parhelion) around here--I caught this just as I was coming home tonight. If you look to each side of the frame at the same altitude of the sun, you will notice a shimmering area. The one on the left is far brighter, but both are there. The one directly above the sun was not visible.

Really nice Shashin. You and I won't be seeing any sun dogs, or sun for that matter, for awhile.

Tom

Grayhand

At the right place at the right time.

Every year for about a week in September the sun has the possibility to light up a part of a valley, close to where I live, in the "right way".
This photo is from last year. This year no good luck.
But next year...

AFDlll, 200mm 2.8 + 2X converter, P45+

Ray

Last edited:

bahr

Another shot of Lauren. Reminds me somewhat of Audrey Hepburn for this look..

First shoot I used my new HC 150 for. I love this lens!

H2 w/P45+

Lauren Calaway by RickrPhoto, on Flickr
Hi Rick,

Lovely shot.

Can you tell me what prompted you to go with the 150mm instead of the 120mm. I'm looking for a good portrait lens and I'm considering either 120 or 150. Currently have the 35-90.

Any advice on your experiences with these would be great.

Thanks

Zerimar

Hi Rick,

Lovely shot.

Can you tell me what prompted you to go with the 150mm instead of the 120mm. I'm looking for a good portrait lens and I'm considering either 120 or 150. Currently have the 35-90.

Any advice on your experiences with these would be great.

Thanks
Thank you!

I decided to opt for the 150 for the longer focal length and compression, as well as potential landscape use. Not to mention it is easy to handhold, focuses faster than the 120 macro, and can fill a frame nicely for a headshot.

I have a 50-110 and felt the 120 was too close to that. Not to mention I got the 150 f3.2 with the 52mm extension tube for $1500 locally with only 10k clicks on the shutter.

It's also incredibly sharp.

bahr

I've tested it once but was in low light in a store. I thought the 120 was still a little too close to the 35-90 so had my mind on the 150. Would be nice to see some more samples. I'm still using the d3x for portraiture until I pick up a good hassy portrait solution.

Not really any second hand market here in Dubai

Zerimar

The 120 is also noticeably heavier, focuses slower, and is suggested for mostly tripod use. I would say for portraits that the 150 is stellar.

bahr

That samples is crazy sharp!!! But still holds a natural feel to it. I was recently offered the 150n for 10000uae dirhams which is around 1800 pounds. It had 700 activations on it but I was hoping for a better price.

What do you think? Deal or no deal.lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.