The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Both are great, Ed. I think I prefer the b/w, however. The color distracts my eye from the architecture.

pesto

In their own way, each is a technically and artistically beautiful image; but were I to choose one for a wall in my home it would be the black and white.

malmac

Ed How does it look with just the cyan channel's saturation pulled right back - its the seat covers that I find just a bit too strong, as I like the cool filtered greens from outside.

Mal

Shashin

I prefer the color as it brings in the fact it is in a forest, which seems to be the point of the design. The b&W is nice, but emphasizes the structure making the world outside is rather irrelevant. But I could be wrong...

tsjanik

Ed, the color image really reveals the openness and sense of the outside; but, like Mal, I really dislike the color of the seats. Black would have been a better choice; the B&W image does remove that problem, but seems less open.

Mal, have you finished the Act of Creation? I received that book as a graduation present many years ago and loved it. I still remember the puzzle about a monk traveling up a mountain path one day and down the next - is he ever at the same point on the path at the same time of day?

Tom

PS Shashin posted while I was composing, seems we agree on the effect of B&W

etrump

Thanks for the pointers. The seats are a little hot but I have to be careful because it is a signature feature of this local chapel designed by architect Fay Jones. I backed it off a bit as suggested and agree it looks better.

Aryan Aqajani

I did these two photos some months ago while visiting Grampains, Victoria. Later, I decided to merge them and now I have a 55x24" print ready to hang on my living room wall!

Mamiya Rz67 Pro IID + Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD + Fuji Acros 100 + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND + Lee 0.9 Grad ND

And here is a crappy iPhone shot of the actual print made on Hahnemuehle Photo Rag in the frame shop!

pophoto

I prefer the color version but this photograph is being published in an architecture book as a black and white. Curious which version fellow DPIers
Silly question, Ed! Of course I like them both! :p
The B&W version, naturally puts more emphasis on the lines, and the symmetrical relationships that contrast the woods outside, I have to say you have it controlled very nicely.

The color is true to what you said, there is no way we would know the vibrant blue of the chapel. It's a striking accent that helps the harmony of the complex beams above and natural organic beauty outdoors, if anything, you done justice to both conversions I'd say!

Very pleasing to the eye:)

Flynnyfalcon

Such a gloomy day in Melbourne!

480s exposure - Mamiya Rz67 Pro IID + Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 SB + Mamiya tilt/shift adapter + Fuji Acros 100 in 1+50 Rodinal + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND + Lee 0.9 Grad ND

240s exposure - Mamiya Rz67 Pro IID + Mamiya 50mm f/4.5 ULD + Fuji Acros 100 in 1+50 Rodinal + Lee Big Stopper + Lee 0.9 ND + Lee 0.9 Grad ND

Go Elwood! My old stomping ground, how I miss you :cry:

Nice pics :thumbup:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Summit Lake; Mount Evans; Idaho Springs; CO
Hasselblad H4D-40; HCD 28mm (Best wide angle ever!); Lee 0.6 GND
Single shot; No HDR or tone mapping ( haven't used for many years).
What I've learned is "just the light", not a camera, not a lens or digital back. Basically, it's just luck, sleep deprivation and bad dinners!

Status
Not open for further replies.