The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceh

Tough call. Both are fine images. I would lean to the portrait as it balances the land, beach, and water. The sky is also evenly illuminated and so the relationship to the land below is nicer.

The landscape has a different feel. There it is more about the water off the beach. The sky is also indicating where the sun is going down, which is not in the frame. The framing here is just a tad more familiar and expected, which is why I think I like the portrait.
+1:)

gerald.d

Helipad on the Burj Al Arab ;) How did you get access?
I'm fortunate enough to know some very kind, accommodating, people :)

Although that's nothing compared to the other place I was shooting from last week, but I'm not allowed to talk about that :D

From the helicopter whose shadow is in the shot, I'm guessing.
Nope - took the lift. I think the shadow you're referring to is actually that of the tripod!

jerome

Hi !

Back from Morocco (and of course, a lot of clouds and rains !)

That is one of the few photos I took with some blue sky :)

tsjanik

My version of a Mark Rothko. Found in a old scan of Provia taken with a Pentax 67 and 300mm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7792

Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, on a very rainy fall day

malmac

Mal, have you finished the Act of Creation? I received that book as a graduation present many years ago and loved it. I still remember the puzzle about a monk traveling up a mountain path one day and down the next - is he ever at the same point on the path at the same time of day?

Tom

Still reading, I tend to read about 5 or 6 books at a time, dipping in and out, cross referencing ideas asI go along. One of the other books on the go at present is Lila by Robert M Pirsig - less entertaining than "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" but his ideas are better expressed in my opinion.

Mal

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

[/QUOTE]Nope - took the lift. I think the shadow you're referring to is actually that of the tripod![/QUOTE]

Gerald, I'm puzzled -as I'm sure I'm meant to be- where were you when you took the shot?

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.