The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerald.d

Nope - took the lift. I think the shadow you're referring to is actually that of the tripod![/QUOTE]

Gerald, I'm puzzled -as I'm sure I'm meant to be- where were you when you took the shot?

Bill[/QUOTE]

Sorry Bill, not intentionally trying to confuse people.

The image is actually a "little planet" projection of a full spherical panorama. It's not a single shot - it's stitched from 48 images. At full resolution, that image is over 2 gigapixels.

The tripod is set up on the edge of the helipad, with the camera spinning around the nodal point of the lens about 6 feet off the ground.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A few from the Monument Valley and Slot Canyon PODAS workshop I'm doing -- first a few from MV, all of these were taken with an IQ180 on a DF+ body:

malmac

A family portrait sitting, they never ordered a print so I guess they were not that happy. :)

645DF IQ180 55mm SK LS lens at f8. RRS tripod and ball head

richardman

A great thing about Yosemite is that you can just point your camera ANYWHERE, heck, even with the lenscap on and pointing it backward, and press the shutter and you will get images like this:

(view large here: http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20121107-Scanned-44-Edit.jpg)

True story: on my way home, I dropped by Yosemite (and any time you can say, "I dropped by Yosemite on my way home," it has to be a great day) and heading toward the Village, I passed this rock. I turned around and found a spot to park. While I was setting up my tripod, a car pulled over on the other side, and a guy came out with his tripod.

He then literally plopped his tripod 3 feet next to mine.

While thinking "You gotta kiddin' me," but being a friendly Californian, I said, "Hi!"

He probably didn't hear me, as he was looking at the scene, and he picked up his tripod, and walked some distance down...

What a critic. Didn't like my spot, I guess.

My theory is that my spot is perfect for a panoramic shot, but not so much for a 35mm image. That's my story, to preserve my ego, and I am sticking with it.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
On Maui again, sunsets were odd first couple of days because of the vog (volcanic smoke from the big island mixed with the marine layer). Nice orange sun, but not many clouds. 3 stop hard grad ND filter and 4 stop Tiffen IRND filter on this one. 2 seconds at f/16 with Mamiya 45mm, Phase DF with IQ180.

chaosphere

Hello ! :)
I'm new to digital MF, here is a picture of a french farmer, Denis. H3D-39 (btw to sell) and 50-110mm.

Hi everyone !

After being selected by Profoto for Photokina in Köln, this series about a french farmer will be shown in Salon de la Photo in Paris, in the Profoto booth AND the Hasselblad booth ! It also has been selected for the september issue of Hasselblad Bulletin ! happy happy ! :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.