The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Nice late autumn palette from lower antelope Jack. I prefer the more subdued colors of the canyon this time of the year.

jagsiva

The last day of PODAS we got into Lower Antelope slot canyon. It was very crowded and I only had a few chances to shoot, but managed a "mini portfolio" of images from that session. Here are a few examples. All of these were shot with the IQ180, DF+ and 45mm lens:
Very nice Jack. Were these processed in C7? Cheers...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Nice series, Jack. I particularly like the last one.

And thanks to all for your kind comments on Mt. Rundle. It was -18C (0F) at the time and if it were not for the local hot springs the lake would have been solid ice.

Bill

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Named after Nick Morant, an outstanding Canadian Pacific photographer who used this location for many of his iconic images.

The worst part was waiting in the intense cold (-20C, -4F) for a train to appear. I kept the IQ battery in my pocket until I heard the roar of those big diesels!

Bill

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
Bill, that is stunning! It reminds me of some of the old railway art that you see in Banff. Just an excellent image.

Now if I can find my down vest....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice late autumn palette from lower antelope Jack. I prefer the more subdued colors of the canyon this time of the year.
Thank you Ed. Interestingly you can get that palette almost anytime of year, just shoot earlier or later in the day with the Sun at a lower angle. The secret to rendering the subtle purples is to not get too heavy handed on the WB slider.

Well done , Jack. One of these days i will visit it too :)
Thanks -- yes it's a definite entry for any photographer's bucket list!

Very nice Jack. Were these processed in C7? Cheers...
Thank you and yes, all C1-7 and nothing else. In fact, no local adjustments on any of these either.

Nice series, Jack. I particularly like the last one.
Thanks Bill -- Ironically, I almost left the last one off for fear of it being too "simple," but I liked the way it flows.

D&A

Named after Nick Morant, an outstanding Canadian Pacific photographer who used this location for many of his iconic images.

The worst part was waiting in the intense cold (-20C, -4F) for a train to appear. I kept the IQ battery in my pocket until I heard the roar of those big diesels!

Bill

So where's that diesel Bill? all I see are freight cars...LOL! Just kidding! Reminds me of an artists rendering of a traditional holiday scene. It's one of those timeless images that can appeal to all, on so many levels...lovely!

Dave (D&A)

tsjanik

Bill

Makes me wish I had a job as a CP engineer (with a camera :) )

etrump

I'm enjoying getting out of my comfort zone working on my Chicago portfolio. Shot this from a slightly high angle to accentuate the height of the buildings.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

So where's that diesel Bill? all I see are freight cars...LOL! Just kidding! Reminds me of an artists rendering of a traditional holiday scene. It's one of those timeless images that can appeal to all, on so many levels...lovely!

Dave (D&A)

Thanks Dave, and in appreciation for your comments, here are those two big diesels - and there was another bringing up the rear! This is pretty steep incline leading to Kicking Horse Pass.

Taken a few moments before the one I showed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.