The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlindberg

Welcome Bildifokus to MF. You are going to love it! Your H4 looked and felt great. I know you forked out quite a bit of green today - expect lots more in the very near future :chug:

This is a very dangerous section to be in ;)

Anyway, I wish you lots of happiness with your new Swedish made.....

richardman

And welcome from me too, Bildfokus, though it is a dangerous place to visit!
Bill
You all say that, but that's one simple antidote to spend $$$ on those lovely seductive Alpa, Cambo etc.

Lack of money :ROTFL: It's practically liberating not having to struggle to think Rodenstock or Schneider? Max or STC? Alpa or Cambo, or Arca?

I can afford 120 film and $500 large format lens so 617 it is for me :)

bahr

Welcome dude, after our previous chat I know you will love the H4. I have the same cam and expect that you will have a great experience with it. Shoots tethered brilliantly. Have fun with your lens selections. :) $$$

Stan ROX

I love the feel of this image but am curious about the focus on this Stan. Did you soften the focus on the models face to bring attention to her garment? It appears her face is obviously in the plane of focus but does not look as crisp as her garment and the choice upholstery. Very interesting look.
Ed,

sorry for my long delay in answering you. I was in Paris (can't wait to post my first pics from the shootings there) and wanted to check the original file before my answer.

Actually, I can not answer your question. The file itself is sharp on her eyes (but not to the last), and in the 1:1 view, there is no lack of sharpness. Her skin is very clean, maybe it's the lack of details that makes it look a little less sharp then the garment with lots of details.

Then, at last, it was with my old H3D without TrueFocus, so there is a small loss of sharpness in tilting after the AF did his work.

I have changed my retouching workflow since then and will make a version 2.0 of that pic - we´ll see if there's an improvement.

Regards

Stan ROX

Shashin

It will hard for wind generators to beat out a train for romantic appeal.

Tom
Steam engines, even with their horrible inefficiency and pollution, are very romantic. Diesel electric engines, not so much. But what I find are the most beautiful machines around today are those wind generators.

Shashin

You mean the ones that take 100 gal. of oil to lubricate each tower? Or the ones that have the low frequency noise issues that anyone near them can attest to. Or the ones that cause strobe induced seizures if the sun is behind them and you stare at it too long? Or perhaps you meant the ones that have to level 500 million year old mountain tops and everything in there path. Personally, what's romantic is being able to wonder what the mountains were like long before man was here. Go solar!
LOL. While I am glad the tradition of hyperbole (and fiction) continues. Come up to Maine and see our wind farms. Solar is not so good here.

johnnygoesdigital

Nothing fictional about industrial wind. Go talk to to the residents of Vinalhaven, i'm curious if they would all agree with you. Don't get me wrong, wind is an integral part of offsetting grid use, but industrial wind is a bait and switch!

Shashin

Nothing fictional about industrial wind. Go talk to to the residents of Vinalhaven, see if they all agree with you. Don't get me wrong wind is an integral part of offsetting grid use, but industrial wind is a bait and switch!
And blanket statements about isolated cases are silly (BTW, there are some residents that support wind on Vinalhaven). How many mountaintop do you level (actually, you don't level the top) with off-shore farms? And the news is just brimming with people having epileptic fits because of flicker. But this is not the thread for political discussions.

Aryan Aqajani

Hi everyone,

Some photos from my recent series with Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Mamiya DM22 All natural light (ISO 200)! You can see the rest here Love Me Tender | Aryan Aqajani

By the way, need to ask you guys if you know what might be causing my RZ shutter goes up to 1/350s only not 1/400s? It is the case with all three lenses that I have? Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.