The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

I hate to ask but how can midday sun be low and behind your model?

:eek:
Well at Trondheim today according to my almanac, the Sun gets only up to 3.9 degrees above the horizon at 12:11pm.
That could definitely be behind the model
-bob
Yep, I am 63 degrees north and by the winter solstice the sun will only just creep a lowly 3 degrees over the horizon :O

My house and garden wont see the sun untilmarch due to the shadows cast by the mountains... This pic was taken some 400 - 500 meters above sea level... down in the valley there are few places the sun reaches this time of year..

Grayhand

Very evocative, you expect to see a childs face and instead see an adult.
Anna is brilliant and the most creative person I have had the pleasure to work with.
We have done both commercial and private portfolio work together. She is a fashion designer by trade, but I some times make her work as a model.
She more or less hate it, but she is really really good in front of the camera.
When she ask me if I am interested, I always answer yes before she tells me what it is about. Our speciality is to do things we never have done before and that we have no clue how to do, then it always become good :D
I just love the creative process of working together with her!

Ray

Bildifokus

This weekend I was shooting at the release party of two new speaker models from Marten. This is the new Coltrane Tenor and shows the new loudspeaker driver from Accuton. It has no suspension, looks kind of strange. :)

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 3,5/35 | f3,5 | 1,4 | iso 50

Nathan W. Lediard

Another from a recent shoot, the client used the shots in colour, but I have processed a couple in B/W for my own use....

H4D-40 80mm wide open natural light.

Nathan W. Lediard

I just love overexposed portra! between 1 and two stops is just great for skin! Good stuff Aryan :) Here it is winter and will soon be down to less than 5 hours daylight! Thanks for the little bit of summer sun :)

I shoot a lot of High End stereo. And quite often they are rely expensive! :)

Next time will be this weekend when it´s a pre world premier for a couple of new Marten speakers. The big premier will be in CES Las Vegas in the beginning of January.

Stefan, we have to talk about hifi sometime! :)
I do wonder why so expensive though, placebo? :)
Studio monitors, the things music is actually mixed on, usually cost in the $3-4,000 range for midrange models such as the Focal Twins and Opals, and up to $7000 or so for high-end models such as Focal SM9, Barefoot MM27 and PSI A25m. All are active power, and to work they just need a USB/FireWire DAC or interface with XLR out, which will set you back a grand for a very decent model, up to 3k for state-of-the-art from Weiss.

Any of the high-end models will deliver an utterly detailed and un-colored image of the sound as the artist heard it, but unlike Hi-Fi speakers, they are more sensitive to room treatment, positioning, and sound good if you're in their sweet spot, which is fairly narrow. Most monitors are also ugly aesthetically, but that doesn't mean consumer speakers should cost over 10k, not when the same sound you're listening to was made on speakers that are several times cheaper.

Most people just don't know I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.