The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

It is Summer in Down Under hence, the following shots :) Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Kodak Porta 400 overexposed 1.5 stop! If interested, see there rest here The Beginning of the Summer | Aryan Aqajani

Aryan

Interesting to see you do colour.

I looked at your extended set of images and no 6 and 12 appealed to me. I couldn't help wanting to place the model off set in the frame - but maybe that is just me as more of a landscape photographer.

Beautiful images and especially love the OOF light areas of the various shots.

Mal

Aryan Aqajani

Aryan

Interesting to see you do colour.

I looked at your extended set of images and no 6 and 12 appealed to me. I couldn't help wanting to place the model off set in the frame - but maybe that is just me as more of a landscape photographer.

Beautiful images and especially love the OOF light areas of the various shots.

Mal
Mal, thanks for the nice words mate, appreciate it :)

I knew some people may surprise when they see me doing some color haha I am in love with b&w and believe there is nothing better than shooting portrait in b&w to convey more drama, expression and mood! However, sometimes I miss color, especially if it is coming from Kodak Porta :D

Regarding the placing the model off center, I do this quite often but sometimes I believe placing the subject, a human at the center can be visually stronger and catch the viewer attention the second she/he look at the image!

Stan Lawrence

It is Summer in Down Under hence, the following shots :) Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 110mm f/2.8 + Kodak Porta 400 overexposed 1.5 stop! If interested, see there rest here
I'm not sure you're overexposing, more likely exposing correctly. Kodak was notorious for underrating their film. VPS 160 looked great at 50-100, their 400 films looked much better at 200. If you check your negs with a densitometer, you might find you're much closer to correct exposure than you would be at 400...

Aryan Aqajani

I'm not sure you're overexposing, more likely exposing correctly. Kodak was notorious for underrating their film. VPS 160 looked great at 50-100, their 400 films looked much better at 200. If you check your negs with a densitometer, you might find you're much closer to correct exposure than you would be at 400...
That was an interesting point Stan :)

A

Alexander Pallmer

Hey,

my name is Alex and I am new to this Website. I would like to show you this picture, taken 2 weeks ago.

Industrial Scene shot with H3DII 39 and HC 50-110 @ 75mm
F11 / 25s / ISO 100

Hope you like it ;)

Lloyd

Hey,

my name is Alex and I am new to this Website. I would like to show you this picture, taken 2 weeks ago.

Industrial Scene shot with H3DII 39 and HC 50-110 @ 75mm
F11 / 25s / ISO 100

Hope you like it ;)
Thanks for sharing, Alex. Excellent work. And, welcome to the forum. :salute:

A

Alexander Pallmer

Thank you Lloyd!

I got another one for you guys ;)

This time something from the Racetrack, shot at the 24 Hour Race at the famous "Nürburgring" in Germany.

It is a Porsche 911 GT3 CUP race car.

of course, also shot with my Hassy H3DII 39 and the HC 50-110 @ 50mm

F8 - 1/90s - ISO 100

Hope you guys like this one too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.