The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

Landscapes are not really my thing, but living in my part of the world sometimes I just cant resist... the sun is low and the mountains are high and that can make for some interesting light... on my way to a shoot today I just had to stop the van , grab the Hassy and get this contra jour shot, this was taken a couple of minutes past midday...
H4D-40 + 80mm

Nathan W. Lediard

And then this shot of Sunndal and the Hydro Aluminium plant down in the valley at the head of the fjord... The sun only just lights the tops of the mountains, but a little opening lets just a slither of light hit the Hydro buildings lighting them up gold.. 254 megapixel pic from 11 shots..
H4D-40 80mm

AlanS

Nathan that is a super shot. May I make a comment? ....If you crop the sky to say 6x12 it concentrates the eye in my opinion. YMMV.
Alan

Nathan W. Lediard

Alan, funny you should say that.... I did crop a version to that format, but decided to share the full frame here.... I have a weakness for 2.41-1 format actually :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nathan that is a super shot. May I make a comment? ....If you crop the sky to say 6x12 it concentrates the eye in my opinion. YMMV.
Alan
I immediately thought the same thing. This is a killer shot as a panoramic with just a little bit of negative space above the sunburst. However, I can also see the appeal (and certainly commercial use) of the full frame image with the large negative space at the top.

Nathan W. Lediard

I just reworked it with my fave pano-format of 2.41 to 1 (cinemascope format ) :)

Reckon I might have to print this big and have it on the wall of my office at the new studio I move into in January :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.