The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Grist Mill by the Wayside Inn

Hasselblad 503cw 80mm Planar Ilford PanF Plus
-bob

D&A

Grist Mill by the Wayside Inn

Hasselblad 503cw 80mm Planar Ilford PanF Plus
-bob
Ah Lovely Bob! It brings back very fond memories of both photographing this grist mill as well as the lovely meals I had at a cozy little French restaurant just north in Acton MA., called La Petite Auberge. I subsequently (decades later) found out the somewhat sad story of the demise of this little favorite restaurant.

Dave (D&A)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Just got my HC150n and had a last minute booking today.. last shoot of the year, new lens and the first shoot in my new studio.. was up most of the night painting walls and ceiling neutral grey, spent all day moving a thousand (ok not literally but it felt like it) pelicases wirh profoto and arri lights and diverse grip stuff and got it done 5 minutes before my customer walked in the door.... suppose that counts as "fun" LOVING the 150 by the way...
H4D-40 HC150n @ f11
This is a fantastic portrait!
Thanks for sharing.
Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

This one was taken this AM at Daniels Park again.
It was even colder than the previous day ~ 1 °F. I was numb all over hands & feet. The Nikon D800E was temporarily dead!
Hasselblad H4D-40; HC 150mm

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Sorry for the massive posts today. I am off so bear with me. Editing photos is one of my most joyful in photography.
I've learned what matter the most in photography is "Light". We have 245 sunny days in Denver, therefore, I can take photographs everyday.
This is a simple, not a fancy, shot taken long time ago at Cherry Creek State Park (5 min from our home) and had never been edited. The color is so rich I have to desat.
Hasselblad H4D-40 and my most favorite lens, HCD 28mm.
Happy New Year friends!
Pramote

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ah Lovely Bob! It brings back very fond memories of both photographing this grist mill as well as the lovely meals I had at a cozy little French restaurant just north in Acton MA., called La Petite Auberge. I subsequently (decades later) found out the somewhat sad story of the demise of this little favorite restaurant.

Dave (D&A)
I thought that was in Maynard. Closed in the mid 80's building is still vacant I hear.
-bob

D&A

I thought that was in Maynard. Closed in the mid 80's building is still vacant I hear.
-bob
Bob, you're quite correct! It was Le Lyonnaise that is/was in Acton. The situation that led to La Petite Auberge initially being sold, then having to be repurchased by the original owners (along with being forced to change the name to Le Paris Roma...possibly a strange and confusing name to begin with) and then eventually closing up shop not too long thereafter, was sort of a sad story in how it all evolved. Wasn't the building a stone house with the restaurant at or somewhat below ground level? It's been that long and memories of it and all the meals I had there are fading like Ektachrome transparencies. (Well I had to somehow relate this post to photography :))

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

I would like to see this as a B&W.. maybe an Tri-X simulation....
Funny you should say that.. the original proof was submitted to the client in black and white but they wanted colour... Sometimes we have to dance to the customers tune.... :D
Maybe I will post up a mono version when I get the time :)

tsjanik

Mixture of stones on the shore of lake Erie: recently broken pieces of shale and lake/glacier smoothed stones.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.