The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out my window with a 120. Brick wall torture test.

Woody, when you mentioned that you had picked up a Leica S I was excited to see your NYC city scapes with it. I have enjoyed your other city scapes and figure a new camera will prompt another round.

The first test shot from your window looks good. Lots of detail and areas if the image to explore.

Last edited:

etrump

You can really see the wide angle distortion on this image from Pienza in Italy taken earlier this year. Unfortunately, the passages are about 8' wide in the small villages in Tuscany.

Cambo, IQ180, HR32:

Bildifokus

Not the best weather in the south of Sweden. It was freezing cold and the camera where dancing Zumba in the wind. :)

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,8/80 | f32 | 1,4s | iso 50 | Tripod Feisol CT-3472LV

Grayhand

Love this, great feel and interesting colors. What is all the magenta from? To taste or some natural occurrence?
Thanks Ed!
The photos is taken in a small and deep valley on a cloudy day with some small amount of mist.
There was a natural streak of magenta in the raw photo when using "daylight balance". I liked it so I gave it a wee bit extra encourage :D

Ray

etrump

This is very very nice, Is this the 32 Rodenstock Stitched? Great depth, and presence - the print must look fantastic

Phil
Thank you Phil. I used the 72L and stitched this image. Haven't seen it in print as I just processed it today but a super HD resolution crop is here.

etrump

Some melting ice weirdness from the way down under. ;) All of these and a few hundred others were taken on a single Zodiac ride.

AFDIII, P65+, 45D (pano is stitched)

N

NewbieMF

How much processing was done to these if any? I really don't shoot landscapes but the ones I have shot I always have trouble getting the sky blue.

Some melting ice weirdness from the way down under. ;) All of these and a few hundred others were taken on a single Zodiac ride.

AFDIII, P65+, 45D (pano is stitched)

etrump

How much processing was done to these if any? I really don't shoot landscapes but the ones I have shot I always have trouble getting the sky blue.
The color images have no photoshop processing. I selected auto white balance in C1 one each which gave me a pretty good looking sky. I might have adjusted highlight and shadows sliders and maybe tweaked exposure, brightness and contrast to taste. All of which was done in C1 then resized to 1200 pixels wide in photoshop.

Best bet is to set your back to daylight WB and never use auto-white balance on the back. That should always give you a reasonable looking sky straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.