The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

I'd love to see that big print of your autumn mill shot too. I think that in-situ shots of the results are even more relevant actually!

Not quite the same league as Ed's beautiful & monster print but my customer was kind enough to send me a pic of one of my prints on his wall:
Hey Graham....in some situations "size does matter", but not when it comes to the impact a printed/framed image makes in a given enviorment, especially someone's home. Your's looks just about right! :) I like the framing and how it fits into the decor too.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Don Libby

Don,

I swear that his one literally pops off of the page. The 120 macro is under estimated as a landscape lens -I have the manual focus version but it's so sharp. A great lens and affordable too. Beautiful OOF transition IMHO.
Thanks Graham - I knew I had a keeper once I glanced at the back. I bought the 120 macro to get back into shooting macro and tiny stuff however once I saw how good it was on landscape I kept using it for that.

Don

I'd love to see that big print of your autumn mill shot too. I think that in-situ shots of the results are even more relevant actually!

Not quite the same league as Ed's beautiful & monster print but my customer was kind enough to send me a pic of one of my prints on his wall:
Hear hear ... I love seeing where peoples work ends up.

I've been working on my lighting. Did some portraits of the family as my parents will travel to HK soon and I wanted them to have something to take back with them. RZ67, 110mm, f8 I think.

chaosphere

Thank you RVB, a friend told me "It makes me think of Prometheus" :D but I did not see it yet. For the rails, I dit not remove it to bring some reality to the scene. But maybe it was a bad idea. What do you think ?

It was done with 28mm and H3DII-39.

tsjanik

Hear hear ... I love seeing where peoples work ends up.
Yes it is - great idea. I'd love to see Ed's print in person. Graham's looks lovely as well, if not as large; is that in Portland?

So in the spirt, I had two MF shots appear in the December issue of Conservationist. Mine are the gulls and geese. Who says you can't use MF for wildlife?

Tom

PDF: http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/administration_pdf/1212dunkirkharbor.pdf

HTML: Dunkirk Harbor - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Great Sand Dunes National Park, Alamosa, CO
Phase One DF; Phase One Schneider LS 150mm
Advised by friends at LUL to crop out the out-of-focus foreground of the previously posted picture.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Pramote
Zenfolio | Pramote Laoprasert

RVB

Thank you RVB, a friend told me "It makes me think of Prometheus" :D but I did not see it yet. For the rails, I dit not remove it to bring some reality to the scene. But maybe it was a bad idea. What do you think ?

It was done with 28mm and H3DII-39.
Alien and Prometheus are exactly what I thought of when I looked at this image.. personally I would prefer the image without the rail,shooting it with and without the rail would be the smart move.. either way I love it.. :salute:

P.S I have the 28mm and its awesome.. BTW you should watch Prometheus on Blu ray.. great imagery

best

Rob

D&A

Nice Tom! Isn't that the shot with all those bird you posted some time ago in this forum? I really was impressed with the shot and your capture. Congrats!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Here's a forest of Saguaros from yesterday during the storm. DF/IQ160 and the Mamiya 120 macro

Don
Subject matter, lighting, composition (which isn't easy in this enviorment)..all elements that synergistically work together to make a successful image! I personaly think it works in a slightly larger size when printed.

Dave (D&A)

chaosphere

Thanks guys ! Rather than removing it with PS, I think I'm going to shoot it again. I like wasting time when it comes to do "the good" shot. :)

This week I'm going to shoot the Simulator Hall where AirFrance Pilots do their training. It's not far from this spot. Two birds with one stone (is that correct ?).

Status
Not open for further replies.