The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have been looking at that image again and again .
I would not remove the fence . That fence gives me the feeling , human beeing is not far from that place . Without that fence , I would feel lost .

chaosphere

I have been looking at that image again and again .
I would not remove the fence . That fence gives me the feeling , human beeing is not far from that place . Without that fence , I would feel lost .
Actually, with our without the fence, the question I should ask myself is "what do you want to tell with your photograpy" and the fact is that I just did this picture instinctively, graphically. Maybe I should put more story in my series. :thumbup:

another one for the Sci-Fi fans, the spaceship corridor !

etrump

Thanks guys ! Rather than removing it with PS, I think I'm going to shoot it again. I like wasting time when it comes to do "the good" shot. :)

This week I'm going to shoot the Simulator Hall where AirFrance Pilots do their training. It's not far from this spot. Two birds with one stone (is that correct ?).
No offense intended but there is no way I would remove that bike rack. It is the only reality in the image so to speak.

Downloaded from my FB Account because I have only the view Pics I posted anywhere from our 3.5 weeks trip (everything stolen in LA). Anyway, till the second last evening everything was so great. Wonderful landscape, wonderful people! rem
Hasselblad H4D
When you say "everything" was stolen in LA I guess that includes the images you made on the trip as well. I hope that wasn't the case. The gear can be replaced, but the images are another matter. It is a shame there are people in the world who can so such a thing as steal another person's property. At least they can't steal your memories.

D&A

No offense intended but there is no way I would remove that bike rack. It is the only reality in the image so to speak.
Ed, simply for the sake of discussion, I personally believe whether to remove the rack or not may depend greatly on the photographer's intended use of the image (among other things). I feel this especially the case with this type of sureal image. I think once knowing that, a lively discourse among viewers could take place as to whether removing it or not would construct a stronger image.

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

Well, if the photographer did not want the bike rake there, why did he put it in there? ;)

I believe the more we conceptualize a photograph and clean it up, the less life it has. Life is far more interesting than we can imagine it to be. I find the rake an important element. I totally agree with Ed.

D&A

Well, if the photographer did not want the bike rake there, why did he put it in there? ;)

I believe the more we conceptualize a photograph and clean it up, the less life it has. Life is far more interesting than we can imagine it to be. I find the rake an important element. I totally agree with Ed.
I didn't realize the photographer put the rack there...was that really the case? Maybe I missed him stating so.

As a stand alone image without knowing the intent of the photographer or why he decided/needed to shoot this image, I agree, the inclusion of the rack adds a interesting element to this image. If his intent was to photograph a futuristic scene, I'm not so sure what role the rack plays...interesting maybe but also possibly out of place and/or a distraction. I may be in the minority with this one but this was my initial impression.

Dave (D&A)

Shashin

If his intent was to photograph a futuristic scene, I'm not so sure what role the rack plays...interesting maybe but also possibly out of place and/or a distraction.
Or maybe it was showing the "Don't teleport to work day" was not such a big hit. :D

Shashin

But seriously Dave, the rack is in the photo, so whether the photographer moved it there or simply used in his composition, he put it there. Personally, I don't believe the artist's intent has any meaningful baring on a work. It does not matter what the artist intended, it is what the audience sees that matters. Once a work is out there, the artist has no control over its perception.

D&A

But seriously Dave, the rack is in the photo, so whether the photographer moved it there or simply used in his composition, he put it there. Personally, I don't believe the artist's intent has any meaningful baring on a work. It does not matter what the artist intended, it is what the audience sees that matters. Once a work is out there, the artist has no control over its perception.
Hi Shashin,

I'll make a brief comment but I don't want to derail this thread, which is primarily about posting MF images. For myself, if an artist, (such as a photographer) states their intent in presenting an image...I'll first judge whether that image meets the artsits stated intent. Afterwards, I might judge the image solely by itself as it stands alone without any preconceived mention of what the photographer was trying to convey. That's just me...others might initially view such an image from a different perspective...and I can most certainly respect that.

Dave (D&A)

chaosphere

Well, when I went their, to be honnest, it was the first time I was doing this kind of photography (I can't say "architecture" photography, because I don't pretend to be one and to have the skill), so it is very new to me (but I like it !)

I saw the fence in the viewfinder before shooting and I asked myself "do I remove it or not ?" and I can't really tell you why I didn't remove it. As I said before, maybe because when I went to shoot, I didn't have any precise story to tell.

Then, when I opened it in Lightroom and started to post-process the image, I find that shot to be like a futuristic place, nothing else. I didn't think about sci-fi, because if I did, I would have removed the fence, obviously (to me).

:)

Bildifokus

Falsterbo, a wonderful beach in the south of Sweden. Two image stitch in CS6.​

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 3,5/35mm | f8 | 1/90s | iso 50 | Hand held

Status
Not open for further replies.