The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Another photographer I follow with interest is Woody Campbell
There is a completely different choice of palette and landscape.
For me mostly a gray/black palette in a cityscape type of landscape.
And this is presented in a intriging and often abstract way.
Many times I feel like I am presented with a slice of a city of steel.

But there is also glimmer of colors, and people in an intimate landscape of them self or in close vicinity of others.

And his pictures are so totally different from my own choose of style and selection of objects.
So it is like I am being led into scenes that in many way are alien to me and that I not always understand but I never find boring but often vitalizing to my own way of seeing..

So I let this picture represent the feeling Woodys pictures often evoke in me.
A knife edge of sharpness in the left lower corner and the rest fades of in to the distance. A distance of man made structure.
Except for a thin slice of nature.
And don't ask me why I choose a almost totally soft cityscape when many of Woddys are tack sharp.
But that how it is with the hidden choice of the unconscious mind, it mostly stays hidden from the conscious parts…

So I just lean back and wait for more.
And I know that I will not be disappointed :)
Grayhand - thanks for your interest and for taking the time to write a detailed critique. My major photo effort is my daily blog, where I've posted photos that I've taken on a daily basis for 1,214 days now without a miss. I sometimes use this forum as an editorial resource, putting up photos taken on a particular day and watching the comments and likes. I may agree or disagree with the reactions but they are very valuable.

Grayhand

Grayhand - thanks for your interest and for taking the time to write a detailed critique. My major photo effort is my daily blog, where I've posted photos that I've taken on a daily basis for 1,214 days now without a miss. I sometimes use this forum as an editorial resource, putting up photos taken on a particular day and watching the comments and likes. I may agree or disagree with the reactions but they are very valuable.
Thanks Woody for info about your blog.
I will follow that one with interest :thumbup:

Well, it is best to stand free in relation to others critique of ones pictures.
They are just interpretations of a interpretation.
It happens that the observer get a glimpse of the original creators vision.
But it is not uncommon that the critique completely miss the original interpretation ;)

Ray

D&A

Just having a little fun to combat the cabin fever.

Been here?

Maybe here?

Strange, beautiful almost fairy tail like, especially the 1st one. Reminds me of a scene out of a Tim Burton movie. Unique and would love to see this printed really big :)

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.