The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

Funny how that happens Stan, and nice job :)

Portraits are my staple, my passion and pay my wages, but if the light or form inspires me I will photograph just about anything.. (likewise if it pays enough lol)

Stan ROX

Ah, well ... here it's Sunday evening, and I just gof finished with my newest project: a promotional video of my best shots in 2012.

Although it's not exactly what's posted here usually, I would absolutely love to get your comments on this video:

Best Shots 2012 - Vimeo

The video is NOT SAFE FOR WORK...!

And, if this is against some rule, please let me know!

Thnks

Stan ROX

Last edited:

Shashin

My first reaction is whether a Hasselblad camera would be identifiable to your target audience? It kind of starts as a camera commercial. Would a studio intro be better--some lights flashing and a set, but no model.

The second is I think tighter editing would help. There are some weak images in there (weak in relation to others) that are slowing things down. I would prefer a shorter and tighter video, then a longer ones with repetition. You want to have people leave wanting more than having their fill.

Otherwise it is up to your usual standards and great work.

jerome

Verdon France

A "beautiful" sky, as usual :)

I had 4 days with blue sky in Provence, but I was in bed with fever :(
so the fifth day, I was able to do some photographs, but the blue sky was gone !
But, it was cold, as you can imagine :)

H4D50 HC 28 mm (hand held, iso 50)

jerome

Ah, well ... here it's Sunday evening, and I just gof finished with my newest project: a promotional video of my best shots in 2012.

Although it's not exactly what's posted here usually, I would absolutely love to get your comments on this video:

Stan ROX
It's nice (a bit long and slow even good Internet connection)

A question, what is your favorite lens(es) for your nude or beauty shots ?

Jerome

malmac

Verdon France

A "beautiful" sky, as usual

I had 4 days with blue sky in Provence, but I was in bed with fever
so the fifth day, I was able to do some photographs, but the blue sky was gone !
But, it was cold, as you can imagine
H4D50 HC 28 mm (hand held, iso 50)
I am attracted to this landscape - the interaction between the two small trees, the way the snow has raised the key and made a connection with the mountain in the background and the beautiful sweep in the rock structure has real potential.

I just feel that the image seems flater than the scene would have been - so for myself I would be working over this baby in photoshop or similar to accentuate the space in that valley -

But I guess that is just me, others will love it just the way it is. Thanks for taking the time to share your image.

mal (Toowoomba where it has never snowed like it has in your image)

xpixel

stanROX.com | Shootings 2012

The video is Auto-Start, AND IT'S NOT SAFE FOR WORK...!

Thnks

Stan ROX

Congratulations to the video, music and picture choice - there is a lot passion in your work.

jerome

I am attracted to this landscape - the interaction between the two small trees, the way the snow has raised the key and made a connection with the mountain in the background and the beautiful sweep in the rock structure has real potential.

I just feel that the image seems flater than the scene would have been - so for myself I would be working over this baby in photoshop or similar to accentuate the space in that valley -

But I guess that is just me, others will love it just the way it is. Thanks for taking the time to share your image.

mal (Toowoomba where it has never snowed like it has in your image)
Thanks for your nice comment

I just wonder how to accentuate the space in the valley, maybe by a greater contrast.

Did you notice the small village on the other side of the valley ? By itself it give a scale also

pesto

Best Shots 2012 - Vimeo

The video is Auto-Start, AND IT'S NOT SAFE FOR WORK...!

Thnks

Stan ROX
Hello Stan,
Yours is a whole new world to me, photographically that is; but I can do no less than admire the quality of your work...very nice indeed.

Douglas Benson

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My first reaction is whether a Hasselblad camera would be identifiable to your target audience? It kind of starts as a camera commercial.
+1 Particularly the first shot where it says H4D on the LCD is kind of "unartistic".

Apart from that, it's a nice collection and a nice way of presenting it.

Shashin

We don't have nearly enough pet pictures in this thread. What is it with MFD shooters? But the greatest thing about the weather this time of year in Maine is there is not a lot of rain. Pentax 645D and 55mm.

etrump

Did you freak out with the liquify tool???? :shocked:

(great shot :))
Nope, actually was an accident resizing a file for printing.

Social media response has been off the charts so I ordered a print for the gallery. Stranger things have happened. :p

The vertical compression of the 300mm combined with the horizontal compression of the resize kind of works giving the strange whimsical look.

Status
Not open for further replies.