The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashin

For some reason, I really like this image.

D1_IMG713mod by tsjanik47, on Flickr
There are some great things going on here. First, the color is quite striking, there is a neutrality to the concrete, but then the blue of the trunk and red of the foliage seem to take the color in opposite directions. The dark rich soil is counter balanced by the light concrete. The perspective looks really compressed, but then the patch of soil gives an illusion, not only of strong perspective, but also a reverse perspective of the foreground being further away than the background. It is a very complex image that appears simple, just like an Escher print.

BTW, the three grey square things on the concrete wall are a nice touch as they are the same color as the trunk.

tsjanik

Thanks Shashin that’s more of a compliment than you may realize. An enlightening analysis; I was intrigued by the scene, but no idea why. I take many landscape photos because I like and understand them. If I could, I would take more shots à la Pete Turner or some by Ernst Haas, but I just don’t often see them.

Tom

Shashin

Tom, once in awhile we find a photograph that does not fall into our usual style. The great thing is you saw it and recognized something was there. Many people just reject something so different out of hand. These happy accidents keep us out of ruts. I am really glad you posted that as I was thinking about it for some time. Like you, I saw something there, it just took me a bit of time to understand what was going on. It has both a classic beauty/structure, but is disconcerting at the same time. I am jealous I did not get this picture first.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Had an inch or two of fresh snow in Moab on the last day of Andy Biggs workshop, so I decided to try sunrise at Mesa Arch on the way home. Combination of snow and thin clouds yielded a different look with nice warm light.

PhaseOneDF with IQ180, Schneider LS 55mm, .4 secs at f/16, ISO 35

Nathan W. Lediard

Horrible horrible weather here right now, on one assignment today it was all I could do to stand up in the wind... luckily next shoot was in a nice warm factory, but I cant help dreaming of spring, summer and tearing up the dirt on my enduro bike...

H4D-40 50-110 @ 65mm

Status
Not open for further replies.