The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samuel Axelsson

Re: Fun with MF images, part 2: What are you shooting with that MF back?

My 2 year old son loves tractors, they are actually something fascinating: I have a brutal collection of pictures of these beasts.....

H2 with P21 about a year ago...

Last edited:

jerome

Nice captures on this page guys... all of them.

Jerome, welcome, I love your first photo.

Thanks !

Here is another try, a portrait with 80 mm, the flash of the H3DII 31 (!), 400 ISO.

Result is pretty good. The man is an art dealer in Lyon, France.

I'm vey impressed with the quality of my new camera :)

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Gray-Ham ... Me have idea ... you bring big club and steal many shiny boxes for getdpi clan.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Great shot

Don Libby

Every once in a while you need to shake things up a bit; step outside the box so to speak. Anyone who knows me knows that I shoot landscape and very rarely anything else; and all my landscape is done using medium format digital. Yes, I will occasionally shoot wildlife but that's shot using an older digital 35mm; even rarer still is the occasional person, so rare that I call then human or family landscapes.

What am I leading up to? How about restoring (or attempting to) a 95 year old image that has seen better days. I was asked a couple days ago if I could "do anything" with a wedding photography of a friends grandparents that was taken around 1910. The image was torn, faded, missing pieces, dirt, dusty, and scratched. I said sure I'll give it a try.

The image was too large for my Epson scanner to I decided to set it up in the studio and copy it using my Phase 645 medium format camera and digital P30+ back and a 75-150 lens. What you see was taken at 1/7 at f/4.5 at a focal length of 90mm. The image was processed using CS3; the finished image was printed on Hahnemuhle Fineart Baryta paper on an Epson 9800.

Bottom line? I liked the finished result and Jim the grandson loved it.

don

Stuart Richardson

Good job on the shoulder Don! I must say, however, I like the older, more neutral tone. That's just preference -- overall I think you did a superb job.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Been wandering around out west for the past several days ...

David K

Workshop Member

Kurt,
That pine tree just about jumps off the screen... Nice to have different scenery to shoot once in a while.

Graham Mitchell

Only a street away from my place. I've been meaning to take a photo of this for months:

And in keeping with the theme of decay...

Even closer to home, this is literally the view out of my bedroom window. It's actually a beautiful street except for this:

Stuart Richardson

Nice photos Graham -- that is like my neighborhood -- I may have posted these before, but since we are on the theme:

The last one was 35mm...

And in Iceland -- this was film, but 6x7:

evgeny

Contax 645 with 80mm lens and Sinarback 54M

Uaiomex

Longest clean shutter speed for P45 @iso50? Daylight with neutral density filter.
Thanks
Eduardo

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Graham:

Is the first image a stitch?

Very nice regardless!

C

carbonmetrictree

I've been having tons of fun on my nightly 3-4 mile walks around the neighborhood with my new gear. I tend to carry something to defend myself in bad areas where I took my old gear. But now, it's a totally different story even around my neighborhood with a police station behind my home!

ALPA 12 Max / 28HR / P45+
15s f/5.6 @ ISO400

Status
Not open for further replies.