The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

A different take on my favorite nature reserve, Söderåsen.
But, feels just like the weather here in Sweden now, with no hope of spring.

Oh, and blame the size on Nathan W. :D

AFDlll, 210mm AF, P45+

Ray

wryphotography

Hey all. First post(second post, apparently my first got munched). Been lurking here for a few weeks, in that time I have read all of this thread and the technical camera image thread from start to finish. There are a ton of fantastic artists here. And the community seems pretty great.

"abandon all hope who enter here" thanks dante, too late. A few years ago i went from a Oly E5 to a Fuji 617 and went further down the rabbit hole with an imacon 343. Having never shot anything this large before, I was blown away at the tonal qualities and resolution and how easily my 3200ppi scans can be printed huge.

But now i'm here. I found this place looking for info on phase one backs Technical Cameras and more, and boy does this place have a lot of info and certainly some excellent examples of what these backs are capable in the hands of some fantastic photographers.

Here's some what I shoot. Please excuse the change in presentation style. All Fuji GX 617 RVP50

Gulf Light by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Breath of Morning by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Little Rapids by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Rocky Bend by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Belizima by WRY Photo, on Flickr

RVB

Hey all. First post(second post, apparently my first got munched). Been lurking here for a few weeks, in that time I have read all of this thread and the technical camera image thread from start to finish. There are a ton of fantastic artists here. And the community seems pretty great.

"abandon all hope who enter here" thanks dante, too late. A few years ago i went from a Oly E5 to a Fuji 617 and went further down the rabbit hole with an imacon 343. Having never shot anything this large before, I was blown away at the tonal qualities and resolution and how easily my 3200ppi scans can be printed huge.

But now i'm here. I found this place looking for info on phase one backs Technical Cameras and more, and boy does this place have a lot of info and certainly some excellent examples of what these backs are capable in the hands of some fantastic photographers.

Here's some what I shoot. Please excuse the change in presentation style. All Fuji GX 617 RVP50

Beautiful images....

tsjanik

Another shot of the Lake Erie shore. Taken with a 645D and 200mm with heavy crop. I tried a longer lens, but the 30 mph winds made it impossible to stabilize the camera. I was thinking a Mark Rothko image, not quite, but this is interesting.

Tom

NB: the dark ice results from melting and the trapped debris accumulates on the surface.

_IGP0024 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

alajuela

Thanks Phillip. The extreme contrast required a lot of post but I enjoy that sort of work.

Bill
I am with you Bill - It always has been about the print. that's the art!! It is funny in a way how things change yet remain the same, Before when when we came out of the darkroom after hours of concentration (where we lost all sense of time), we had to squint - now when we get up from sitting in front of the computer (where we lost all sense of time) we still squint. :facesmack:
This is what separates photos from images.
Best
Phil

Last edited:

Swissblad

Gulf Light by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Breath of Morning by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Little Rapids by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Rocky Bend by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Belizima by WRY Photo, on Flickr
Thanks for sharing - its good to see some RVP 50 again!
Amazing colours. Makes me want to take the Xpan for a spin.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Woody,

I married in 1978 ... had a 72 Cheval Blanc in the honeymoon suite - gift from a friend.

I do have to ask...three for a Talisker Oban and Scapa?

Surprised you could focus the day after......:ROTFL:

Of the three Oban is the one with which I am most familiar, I will try Scapa...
have been spending most of my time recently with the Balvenie....

Bob
To the moderators: Start a single malt sub-forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.