The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

D&A

Heavy crop of a hand-held shot with a 400mm lens in bad light. The image will never see print form; nonetheless, I thought you all might enjoy it. If you ever feel you've eaten too much - relax, you really haven't.

_IGP0999 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Wow Tom,

Last year I was shooting some Herons and other water fowl eating small fish in a similar fashion as the one you pictured, but nothing like the size of that fish that's going "down the hatch". I've never witnessed anything like that. Any idea what type of fish is being eaten?

Dave (D&A)

alajuela

My Mamiya RZ was a love affair at the first sight.
We first meet at a trade show, in a both from a local photo gear supplier.
I went straight in and picked her up in my hands when I saw her.
She fitted right in in my hand, we where made for each other.
So there and then I decided on a marriage!

But this dealer was not for me, so I went home and started to scan the local Swedish photo adds.
And in a week I found a large RZ kit from a pro that was going 100% digital + half a freezer of film.

Then it was just a matter of time before I got a digital back, a P45.
So The RZ and the P45, a double love affair for me

To work with the waist level finder was to be part of the scene, to in some way participate directly.
It was to be actively engaged in creation. Perfect for portrait.

Then I got side tracked by commercial clients complaining of slow process with the RZ and I switched to AFD for quicker focus.
But the only thing I really gained was a big camera in my face that got in the way,
excluded me in some what from direct participation in the proces of creation.
I dumped my true love for a pair of legs, so to say :poke:
And constantly regretting that switch.

So, checking different possibility to get back to my try love.
Soooone now, once again I will drown in her eyes, ehh I mean look deep in her waist level finder.
Or, hmm, well you know what I mean :chug:

RZ, 65mm, P45

Ray

WOW I can see why - this is gorgeous -- magnificent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grayhand

Thank´s Philip!
I am glad you liked it :)

This photo is from a series with my favorite designer, Anna Hedström.
Anna made ​​all the paper in this outfit by hand. All paper are filled with words, handwritten by Anna.
Faced with such devotion, I have as a photographer to pull myself up by my bootstraps to a higher creative level.
So, Credit where credit´s due :D

Ray

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Very nice series, Pramote.
Thank you very much Lloyd!
Monument Valley is an outstanding place. I slept only a couple of hours to take these pictures as we were there for only less than 24 hours.
I would spend 3-4 days next time to capture what I missed.
The rock formation is absolutely world-class.
Pramote

WildRover

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore last summer at sunrise. Pentax 645D, 35mm-A. Some focus stacking and exposure blending.

Last edited:

WildRover

Heavy crop of a hand-held shot with a 400mm lens in bad light. The image will never see print form; nonetheless, I thought you all might enjoy it. If you ever feel you've eaten too much - relax, you really haven't.

_IGP0999 by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Tsjanik, Looks like you have a very nice performing 400mm. Nice shot. I have a copy of the Pentax 400mmFA, but haven't had real good luck with it yet. I have a long lens support from RRS and also a clamp that I attach to the tripod leg and then up to the camera quick release. I suspect it has to do with my shutter speeds not being optimal. I definitely need to do more testing to figure things out better.

Shashin

This front was moving out this evening after dinner. Pentax 645D and A120mm, a bunch of vertical frames stitched, handheld.

tsjanik

Tsjanik, Looks like you have a very nice performing 400mm. Nice shot. I have a copy of the Pentax 400mmFA, but haven't had real good luck with it yet. I have a long lens support from RRS and also a clamp that I attach to the tripod leg and then up to the camera quick release. I suspect it has to do with my shutter speeds not being optimal. I definitely need to do more testing to figure things out better.
WildRover:

My copy of the 400mm is excellent. I bought it used and the former owner clearly did not take special care, at least cosmetically. All reports of the 400mm I've seen indicate a superb lens (including Digiloyd). You should be able to achieve excellent results with a good copy. You mention non-optimal shutter speeds, the shutter of the 645D can cause problems at slow shutter speeds when the body is not mounted to the head, as is the case with any lens above 200mm. I assembled a stabilization device for long lenses; it seems to work well.

_IGP1179 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Made mostly from Sunwayfoto components (from Amazon). I would not use this for the 400mm unless shutter speeds are less than 1/60-1/30.
It sounds as if you have taken steps to stabilize the body. Do you get good results at high shutter speeds?

Good luck,

Tom

Last edited:

wryphotography

@shashin - that pano of the front is very impressive
@coulombic - both are fantastic but i particularly like the first.
@Landscapelover - nice series, i really like the sepia toned one

I've been shooting all weekend with my new to me mamiya AFD, iq180, 55mm and 75-150.
Don't have any pics to show cause i dont have a CF reader for my mac.

Here's another shot from my fuji 617.
RVP50 of course. Long exposure.

Caribbean Fire by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.