The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
@shashin - that pano of the front is very impressive
@coulombic - both are fantastic but i particularly like the first.
@Landscapelover - nice series, i really like the sepia toned one

I've been shooting all weekend with my new to me mamiya AFD, iq180, 55mm and 75-150.
Don't have any pics to show cause i dont have a CF reader for my mac.

Here's another shot from my fuji 617.
RVP50 of course. Long exposure.

Caribbean Fire by WRY Photo, on Flickr
Thanks very much for your kind words!
I will certainly miss your 6x17 but am quite sure you will have some other good stuffs to show us :)
Congrats for the IQ180! I can guarantee you will love it. It is a remarkable back.

Pramote

Grayhand

I some times treat objects in the nature as a person that I will take a photo of.
What is the character of this person? His/her context?
What feeling invokes this individual, in its context, in me?

I find it harder to treat natural objects this way than with human individual.
And I find them quit unresponsive to any kind of directing from my side.
Also not much of an response from them when you show them the completed result :poke:

Some times there is some kind of "transfer" in the process and I walk away with a feeling of actually seeing.

But my most common reaction, when I slap that fantastic photo on the light table, is one of :wtf:

Some times though, there is a agreement with what I think I saw and what I actually produced, but way to seldom...

Ray

RZProll, 350 APO, P45
A previously "published" photo on this site, in 2009 I think.

edouard

Hasselblad 500C/M with Zeiss Distagon C T* 50mm f/4 @ f/8 with CFV-50 Hasselblad digital back @ 50iso 1/15sec

Pillar of decay

I hate HDR toning - either via local adaptation method or by manual cloning! ;-) ... too bad highlights are so easily burned within a single digital shot on such a "contrasty" scene! (I miss film... sometimes...)

pesto

"I hate HDR toning - either via local adaptation method or by manual cloning! ;-) ... too bad highlights are so easily burned within a single digital shot on such a "contrasty" scene! (I miss film... sometimes...)"

Hi Edouard,
Me too !!!

DAB.

Ed Hurst

Guys - you might find this interesting. Re. the pano I posted a couple of messages up on this page, I also shot a time lapse the following morning showing the mist (which had formed again) clearing. Not shot on my 645D, so not within the scope of this list, so apologies if this is not within the rules. Consider this a sort of loose 'shooting of' sequence!

Time Lapse | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

malmac

Pramote

Love the fence in the first image - just a great contrast - the wild wild west with a fence around it - the question is - "To keep it in or keep it out"?

Thanks for sharing, I'm inspired.

Mal

edouard

"I hate HDR toning - either via local adaptation method or by manual cloning! ;-) ... too bad highlights are so easily burned within a single digital shot on such a "contrasty" scene! (I miss film... sometimes...)"

Hi Edouard,
Me too !!!

DAB.

;-) it's not that I want details in the highlights, but the transition to burn out is too harsh!... why is there no non-linear (in the highlight) sensor!?

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote

Love the fence in the first image - just a great contrast - the wild wild west with a fence around it - the question is - "To keep it in or keep it out"?

Thanks for sharing, I'm inspired.

Mal
Thanks Mal! I truly appreciate your kind words.
I love the fence too. It gives me some undescribable feeling about the Navajo land.
Pramote

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Lower Antelope, Page, AZ
Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/Mamiya 28mm
It's hard to be surprised by a Antelope shot. We've all seen so many. So this one stands out all the more. Wonderful use of vignette. Wonderful finishing. The lines lead your eye on a roller coaster. The groupings of primary waves/bumps/protrusions create a great rhythm. Really beautiful.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
It's hard to be surprised by a Antelope shot. We've all seen so many. So this one stands out all the more. Wonderful use of vignette. Wonderful finishing. The lines lead your eye on a roller coaster. The groupings of primary waves/bumps/protrusions create a great rhythm. Really beautiful.
Thanks very much Doug! I really appreciate your complement.
Pramote

malmac

I guess this is like cat photos - allowed every now and then because we understand that grandparents with cameras will do this sort of stuff.

This is Ellie and can any of us recapture the capacity of a child to be innocent and totally in the moment?

IQ180, 80mm LS lens 1/200 @ f5.6 iso200.

Status
Not open for further replies.