The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

wryphotography

Thanks very much for your kind words!
I will certainly miss your 6x17 but am quite sure you will have some other good stuffs to show us :)
Congrats for the IQ180! I can guarantee you will love it. It is a remarkable back.

Pramote
thanks.

No need to worry, i have quite the backlog of scanned 617's that go back to 2011. I also fully intend on producing 617's with the iq180 as i think i "see" best in panos. But i also want to shoot in different formats. The 180 offers that flexibility.

Anyway I went for a 4 day trip with it last weekend and have been shooting it almost every day. The files are simply amazing. they are so clean. Here's a shot from yesterday's sunrise.

This was two shots focus stacked in helicon focus at f16 and f22 i believe, f16 for infinity and f22 for the up close flowers.. To be quite honest i dont see diffraction at f16 or f22. The file are so much cleaner than my 3200ppi scans(obvious i know) that i believe you can print these files just as big if not bigger than those scans.

Texas Spring 2013 by WRY Photo, on Flickr

Grayhand

I must admit that I quite often feels like a rather odd duck in the phothograpic pond.
Especially when the discussion goes to which photographer is your biggest source of inspiration.
And I have to admit that I am incapable to name one photographer that inspires me and the way I work :shocked:
I watch a lot of photos, all the time. Here and all over the place. And of course individual photos can inspire me.
But not as a "style".

My base of inspiration is art, water color and oil. Both for landscape and portrait. And statues of different kind.
To walk around a 3D-object and see the light play on the structure, that is for me inspiration to "style".

I have slowly began to look at how to transfer the old masters to a new socio-cultural and structural context.
And it still feels a bit confusing, but that is my most creative state, one that I prefers to a state of certainty.
If I am secure, then nothing new happens.

So I am now slowly putting together my favorite tools agin for this little project.
And it is almost a suicidal project, but I like those projects best :chug:

The photo below is in many ways a "rip of" that not includes any thing new.
It is from a series I made to study light, and it confirmed for me that my basic idea would work.
Now I maybe will have some time this summer to dig deeper in this, so we will see...

RZ Proll, think it was 65 A-L, P45

alajuela

I must admit that I quite often feels like a rather odd duck in the phothograpic pond.
Especially when the discussion goes to which photographer is your biggest source of inspiration.
And I have to admit that I am incapable to name one photographer that inspires me and the way I work :shocked:
I watch a lot of photos, all the time. Here and all over the place. And of course individual photos can inspire me.
But not as a "style".

My base of inspiration is art, water color and oil. Both for landscape and portrait. And statues of different kind.
To walk around a 3D-object and see the light play on the structure, that is for me inspiration to "style".

I have slowly began to look at how to transfer the old masters to a new socio-cultural and structural context.
And it still feels a bit confusing, but that is my most creative state, one that I prefers to a state of certainty.

So I am now slowly putting together my favorite tools agin for this little project.

It is from a series I made to study light, and it confirmed for me that my basic idea would work.
Now I maybe will have some time this summer to dig deeper in this, so we will see...

This is really great - believe the journey will almost be as enjoyable as the arrival (although the feeling of arrival will keep changing). The destination will be a real fantastic place inhabited by images.
Go Explore Enjoy you have great tools and imagination.
Phil

etrump

But not as a "style".

Would love just a head shot of this pose. :thumbs:

Grayhand

This is really great - believe the journey will almost be as enjoyable as the arrival (although the feeling of arrival will keep changing). The destination will be a real fantastic place inhabited by images.
Go Explore Enjoy you have great tools and imagination.
Phil
Thanks for those encouraging words Philip!
There is some ideas that is now crawling up from the dark cellars ;)

Ray

jlm

Workshop Member
ed:

know silver falls quite well, was there last august. my youngest kids went to summer camp in the area. nice spot. i'm assuming you walked behind the falls? a fine spot

Last edited:

etrump

ed:

know silver falls quite well, was there last august. my youngest kids went to sumemr camp in the area. nice spot. i'm assuming you walked behind the falls? a fine spot
Extremely cool place. The trail that goes behind the falls is fantastic but I took no pics as the light was not good when I hiked it.

Rained on us all night but it was worth it the next morning.

tsjanik

Pentax 645D, 600mm + 1.4x with crop. I see Mark Rothko paintings in the scenes Lake Erie presents; have I translated those to a photograph? Not really, but it's fun to try..

_IGP1415 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.