The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBICO

Closed down factory around 3hour drive from where I live in Tromsø/Norway.

Taken with Mamiya 645 AFD III, 80mm F2.8 at F16/1/60 with Phase One P20 at Iso50.

WildRover

I started processing this somewhat off kilter composition as an attempt to hone and practice some photoshop skills that I've yet to fully or even moderately understand. I chose an image that I wasn't too satisfied with - mostly the composition, but also difficult lighting and tried using luminosity masking to bring it around. I never became satisfied with the color version. So the antidote - a black and white layer. Worked on it some more and got this. My son liked the color version, and he's a trusted critic, but Dad overruled. I may try this again sometime when I'm a bit better at processing, but this is it for now.

Pentax 645D, 35mm A, 3 shot stitch, no coffee morning!!

Last edited:

RVB

Taken with Mamiya 645 AFD III, 80mm F2.8 at F16/1/60 with Phase One P20 at Iso50.

When you consider this is a 20mp back (if I'm correct)it show's great tonality and detail,displaying the benefits of the Big sensor of medium format..

WildRover

Beautiful tones in your images. Very well done. Looks like there would be lots of possibilities at this location.

edouard

A little bit of family / bath photography...

Camille daughter taken with Hasselblad 500C/M + Zeiss Distagon C T* 50mm at f/4 on a CFV-50 digital back at iso50, 1/500sec + Elinchrom Ranger Quadra with S Head flash + beauty dish ... too much gear for a bathing baby! but hey, family comes first! ;-)

ondebanks

4-frame stitched panorama from the evening of April 12th. This spans from Sirius and Orion on the left, to Jupiter and the crescent Moon with Earthshine in the middle, to Perseus and Andromeda on the right.

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak Pro Back DCS645M at ISO 400, 45/2.8 "S" lens at f2.8, 30 seconds x 4 frames.
I used an AstroTrac unit, which goes between my Manfrotto tripod and Benro ball-head, so the stars are not trailed...not that they would trail all that much in 30 seconds.

Orion detail, with its famous nebula near the middle:

I could have used my Canon 5DII for this. The exposures would be shorter and the noise would be lower...but the sharpness would be poorer and the colour would be disappointing in comparison.

Shashin

I used an AstroTrac unit...
Ray, the AstroTrac is really nice, I (theguywitha645d) used one. I have since side-graded and have a Vixen Polarie--I am just a sucker for small tracking mounts. I have not done much with the Polarie as of yet; the weather has not been on my side. But I am hoping to get some star time this summer. Nice to see you posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.