The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

Here's an older shot from the film days from White Pocket. Oh - that Velvia. Pentax 67II (or 6x7 - I carried both in the pack and had different lenses mounted so it was quick to switch between them), 67 45mm, polarizer, Velvia (not sure at the moment which one).

Last edited:

IBICO

So, if you have a brand new Mamiya 300mm F4.5 and your kid want to ride on his bike?
But next time I`ll have my tripod with me.. or at least a monopod. To take pictures on a halfbright day on iso50 and 1/180 is not recommended.

Nathan W. Lediard

Been slaving away n the pixel mines lately, earning money, but not the kinda pics that belong in a "fun" thread :D but here is one... In Norway they have this big tradition called Russ, when kids leaving senior school go crazy between the 1. may and the 17th... (wierd coz their exams come after this) The gang together and but vans or busses and just party solid for 17 days... they usually get sponsors to help pay their way... me I did a shoot to decorate a mini-bus with 8 young ladies in...

H4D-40 & 80mm profoto lighting

jerome

yo Rousseau! Where did the animals go?

Jerome,

Very nice image, and great detail.....
Thanks everybody for your nice comments !

Rousseau used to go at the "jardin d'acclimatation" in Paris where he could admire wild animals in the zoo and exotic plants in greenhouses

I had the same feeling to be in a giant greenhouse at la Réunion !

But, no animals here ! No dangerous snakes, no dangerous bugs nor wild animals.

Just small birds, or "marron" animals (marron is domesticated animals who got wild again, like chicken or pigs)

From all the disapeared species from this island, the most famous is the dodo (which is now the name of the local beer !)

dodo : here Dodo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

etrump

Ed,

Great Smoky Mountains? Tremont? I love the photograph and the scene.

Joe
Didn't mean to tease Joe. This is Richland Creek Wilderness in Arkansas.

For those who know me, this is the area where I was nearly killed in October, 2009 - thank God for the hardy souls who rescued me in the middle of the night.

Another scene slightly upstream shot with the 55mm:

etrump

White Pocket is an "other-worldly" kind of place, the likes of which I hadn't seen before. Three of us hired a guide who drove us in and back out. One unfortunate soul who didn't hire our guide, but followed us in his personal vehicle, got stuck in deep sand on the way in and we couldn't pull him out. He probably spent the night on the road waiting for help.

Here's an example of what's in White Pocket:

More here. My advice - hire a guide.

Joe
Fantastic WP portfolio. Is this during monsoon? Fantastic clouds make these images imo.

D

Deleted member 7792

Didn't mean to tease Joe. This is Richland Creek Wilderness in Arkansas.

For those who know me, this is the area where I was nearly killed in October, 2009 - thank God for the hardy souls who rescued me in the middle of the night.
Thanks Ed. I thought perhaps we'd photographed the same river. The rocks looked familiar:

Great Smoky Mountains, Tremont, Phase One 645DF, IQ180, 55mm

The White Pocket photos were taken after a Spring rain. There was still some standing water in pools around the rock formations. And the sky was simply spectacular that day. I've had some viewers who have asked whether I substituted the skies in Photoshop. Nope!

Joe

MaxKißler

Lake Powell, Page, AZ
Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/SK 150mm

Though I'd love to see a less contrasty version of it. Don't know whether it is the clarity but I think the lower half of the image doesn't need to be that contrasty, it's too apparent. Right now, upper and lower half of the image are competing against each other. A much more oldschool look might work better here.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.