The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

I would love to see the first image photographed and then laid over the original image - then with a little photoshop work I think an amazing image is possible - like the real spirit of the landscape has been revealed to you, all you have to do is blend the real with the observed.

Yes you are right, my medication is wearing off - I will go straight away and remedy that problem.

Regards Mal
LOL. Thanks Mal.

I have printed the lucky accident, which is in some ways a more interesting print than the original. Somehow it reminds me of Paul Klee, specifically Sinbad the Sailor. I wish I could use what I find so attractive in Klee's work in photography, perhaps I've found a way - print on the wrong side of the paper.
The bright orange area evokes a dragon/sea monster. Notice the black silhouettes at the bottom of the orange region, they appear to be human figures scrambling in Hades.

OK, time for my meds.

Tom

Grayhand

And now something completely different ..

This is a part of the Small Swedish town Gränna, situated at the edge of Sweden second largest lake.
Normally you would be expected to include water in some way.

But for me, it is the old mountains/hills that almost push this town into the water that defines this place.
So no water this time :eek:

Ray

RZ, 250mm APO, P45

Nathan W. Lediard

Got given this radio today... it was heading to the tip and I saved it! Got two years befor our "culture" minister kills of radio to be replaced with DAB.. so I will enjoy the wonderful tones the built in valve anp produces until then... maybe some kind of plug-in local FM transmitter will save these old radios yet...
H4D-40 iso1600 f2.8 80mm + extension tube lying on floor hand held with 200 millisecond delay at 1/10 of a second :D

malmac

LOL. Thanks Mal.

I have printed the lucky accident, which is in some ways a more interesting print than the original. Somehow it reminds me of Paul Klee, specifically Sinbad the Sailor. I wish I could use what I find so attractive in Klee's work in photography, perhaps I've found a way - print on the wrong side of the paper.
The bright orange area evokes a dragon/sea monster. Notice the black silhouettes at the bottom of the orange region, they appear to be human figures scrambling in Hades.

OK, time for my meds.

Tom
Tom

I have been contracting out my printing - but now I am rethinking that aspect of my image making. You have opened a door - thank you.

I was also thinking of photo screen printing - I will need an enlarger but my niece has my dad's Durst still under the house - so maybe that will be coming to visit my studio.

Mal

tsjanik

Tom

I have been contracting out my printing - but now I am rethinking that aspect of my image making. You have opened a door - thank you.

I was also thinking of photo screen printing - I will need an enlarger but my niece has my dad's Durst still under the house - so maybe that will be coming to visit my studio.

Mal
Good, I’m glad to hear that Mal. For me, the print is the destination. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as seeing that print appear. Not quite as suspenseful or mysterious as in the darkroom days, but still wonderful.

Tom

Vincent Goetz

Subscriber Member
I agree. Over the past year I have pretty much given up on selling them, but now I print them just to give them away. The responses to these offerings are quite interesting.

chaosphere

comment tu as fait pour les M&Ms ?
(how did you managed for the M&M's)

Merci Jérôme !

Just some photoshop ! One M&M's was perfectly freezed in action in the picture (at 1/800 and rapid burst with Profoto lighting) but not in the good position (it was near his tummy). So I duplicated it several times and added different motion blurs regarding their position (big blur near the hand and progressively no blur near the mouth, to give more dynamic) and different colors (the real one was orange). Their are 4 strobes : 2 kickers (new zoom gridded), 1 key light (gridded beauty dish in front at 45° and 10 feet above me) and a fill (ring flash). I'll show you more later !

You can click on the image to see it bigger :thumbup:

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Newport RI is paradise for photographers
Sometimes I like the HC 28mm and other times I just don't like the perspective
Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.