The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Stan posts bird shots in the 60s sense, my bird shots are more literal.

Maples are lovely trees in many ways, but their seed production results in a virtual snowfall in the spring. I am sometimes amazed that the entire NE of North America isn't a maple forest; even this Robin seems to be bewildered.

645D, 600mm + 1.4x

Nathan W. Lediard

From a shoot for a shipbuilder yesterday... just stood outside the bridge waiting for the cleaners to be finished and saw this...
H4D-40 HCD28mm polarising filter

Grayhand

From a trip to Acadia National Park yesterday. Pentax 645D and 55mm.

OK, now I have been looking at this picture for about a week.
And the most frustrating thing is that I like it, but I am unable to say why :mad:

That is a new experience for me!

Ray

Last edited:

Shashin

OK, now I have been looking at this picture for about a week.
And the most frustrating thing is that I like it, but I am unable to say why :mad:

That is a new experience for me!

Ray
Ray, I guess I will take that as a compliment. I am getting flashbacks to Pride and Prejudice where Darcy declares his love for Elizabeth even though it does not make sense to him. That's it! It must be love. :D

But, thank you. I was just glad I was around when that existed.

chaosphere

Since I moved to MF, I try to use it even for not so specials shootings, with tons of flash and complicated setups. All day photography... Well, this one's kind of special shoot... Here is Chaosphere Junior ! ;)

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Haven't been posting much for a while. Things have slowed down a little and going through images from two workshops, with Andy Biggs in Moab, and with Rodney Lough Jr. in Yosemite. Both were terrific and a lot of fun. Thought I'd show a few. this one is in the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias in Yosemite, the three trees are the ones called the Three Graces.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 150mm, 1 sec at f/18, ISO 35

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
And here's the mandatory shot from tunnel view ... sunset colors weren't great but clouds were pretty cool.

PhaseOne DF/IQ180 with 75-150 at 75mm, 4 secs at f/18, iso 35

IBICO

Had no help here with hair, makeup or anything. Just her boyfriend that held a YN560III china flash on full power while I tried to get most of the background light at 1/60 since it was overcast. The flash only gave me about F5.6, and I used my 300mm F4.5 APO with ISO50 P20 back.

The other one is taken with 80mm F2.8 at F8 and 1/60 and the same flash.

The hardest, was to get her to smile properly. She just had her dental braces removed and have smiled with her mouth closed for several years.

It was not my best of days, but I actually got a picture out of it. Think I need to consider some more powerful flash to carry with me, or a quad mount for an umbrella.

This is a Norwegian Bunad from a place called Trøndelag. Bunad Traditions

It was taken at her konfirmasjonsdag (Not sure about the English translation.) It is a christian ritual where from child to grownup.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Nice results under less than ideal conditions. BTW, in English, I believe it would be "Confirmation Day".

Status
Not open for further replies.