The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBICO

Finally rented a studio and got some time there with my camera. Only to find out it was only 600ws flashes there. :mad:

Iso50 and penn-wall was not possible. Got F5.6 when using one of the flash on full power. So only got closeups instead. Next time I`ll take with me my 1000ws Interfit instead.

Shashin

This has everything going for it--high-contrast specular highlights, low-contrast colorless backlight with haze (it is a color photograph) One plus, it was easy to color balance. I am hoping Ray (Grayhand) will look at it for a week and tell me he likes it. Somehow, I like it too. A pity it has to be so small here as there is a lighthouse on the center island.

From a trip yesterday to Acadia National Park. From Schoodic Peninsular looking toward Mt. Desert Island--Mt. Cadillac is the big bump at the left. Pentax 645D, 300mm f/5.6 lens, stitched pano, but breaking from tradition, on a tripod.

Shashin

Thank you so much Shashin for your friendship! It was a great pleasure to meet you there.
Pramote

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Pemaquid Lighthouse Point, Maine
Phase One IQ180/Phase One DF/SK 55mm

Thank you so much Shashin for your friendship! It was a great pleasure to meet you there.
Pramote

I have to commend you on your excellent choice of vantage point & shooting location. I think that our tripods passed though each other in the time dimension. I like your framing that includes more of the lighthouse and buildings and I wish I could have done so myself when I was trying to find an angle with the reflection :thumbs:

It's an interesting location and pretty slick at times, seemingly more precarious depending upon the value of the camera on your tripod at the time.

I shot this one last year. Alas no Shashin meet up when I was there in March I think it was.

P25+ DF 35mm

Shashin

Since we have a theme going on here--Pemaquid Point Lighthouse from the rocks, I will add a shot. Oddly enough, I don't have many pictures of the light house. Pentax 645D.

It seems like a great place for a GetDPI meet up, we just have problems getting the time down.

jlm

Workshop Member
close to theme...on a lighthouse step, Heceta Head, oregon, blad 500/80mm, tri-X, c. 1975

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I was glad we ran into each other--the Japanese would say we had en, roughly speaking a combination of fate and good luck. I enjoyed our brief chat and it is nice to see your work from that day.
Same here!
Unfortunately, on that day, the DF stopped working briefly after talking with you and I had to call a day.
Pramote

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Pramote,

I have to commend you on your excellent choice of vantage point & shooting location. I think that our tripods passed though each other in the time dimension. I like your framing that includes more of the lighthouse and buildings and I wish I could have done so myself when I was trying to find an angle with the reflection :thumbs:

It's an interesting location and pretty slick at times, seemingly more precarious depending upon the value of the camera on your tripod at the time.

I shot this one last year. Alas no Shashin meet up when I was there in March I think it was.

P25+ DF 35mm
Thanks very much Graham for your kind words!
Yours is fantastic.
I've loved the lighthouse and always look for them everywhere I go.
Pramote

Status
Not open for further replies.