The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stngoldberg

Hi Stanley:

I hope you realize my comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. I admire your appreciation and promotion of the area in which you live. I feel much the same about the Lake Erie shore in NY.

Tom
I do realize that you were being humorous, and I appreciate your comments
Thank you,
Stanley

stngoldberg

Newport RI
This image was taken outside of the International Yacht Restoration School on thames Street in Newport. I assume these small vessels are candidates for restoration.
The International Yacht Restoration School (known as IYRS) is a private nonprofit school focusing on training for the marine trades. Currently programs are offered in Composites Technology, Boatbuilding & Restoration, and Marine Systems. IYRS programs focus on making, building, restoring, and maintaining, using both traditional and modern materials from wood to composites and carbon fiber.
Graduate placement rates are exceptionally high with over 80% of students during the past five years employed on or within several months of graduation.
Tourists are permitted to visit a balcony which overlooks the projects currently being restored and watch the restoration take place.
This facility is not highly publicized and unfortunately few people ever stop to enjoy.
The restored boats are auctioned off a few times a year and the wooden ones sell for very moderate prices based the the hundreds of hours spent on the restoration.
Stanley
I don't recall which lens I used taking this photograph

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
Some fun today with the IQ180/Alpa STC/Rodie 40HR combo, shot with a disto and an app that I have just finished reviewing that lets you specify your near and far points for DOF and your required print size and resolution and then tells you exactly where to focus, which I did using the HPF ring and a Disto. It works! Then banged them into the new DXO FilmPack4 for a giggle - I normally hate fun with filters but hey, it was fun... two very different treatments and they look a bit odd side by side but individually I like 'em!

tashley

Subscriber Member
And another one - this one with a 'straight' treatment... and the app let me nail near and far focus to the contents of the desktop alone...

tashley

Subscriber Member
I totally agree.. I was messing about to show how absurd these sorts of effects can be if you have no idea about visual consistency. That's why the last one has a crinkled paper surface but a slide film edge:D

Charles Wood

YANT FLATS

Here are a couple of pans taken this morning at Yant Flats, a location only 25 minutes north of St. George, Utah, in the foothills of Pine Mountain. It is relatively yet undiscovered but offers sandstone formations that more than rival the Coyote Buttes (The Wave) and White Pocket. No permit required, some route finding experience required and stunning at dawn and sunrise. Shot with Pentax 645D, manual focus 55mm, multiple frame stitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.