The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

Sometimes as a photographer, even when fully, no overbooked, the phone rings and you just have to say yes... today was one of those days...
This girl's horse is terminally ill and is going to be put down, her parents rang me to ask if I had time for a shoot, no I said, but I will make time.. shot this evening in the woods on the girls farm I think I managed to capture the closeness between a girl and her horse... maybe not "fun" but I feel like sharing this moment....

H4D-40 80mm at f4 and a kiss of light from my profoto beauty dish...

Nathan W. Lediard

I am absolutely not a nature photographer.. but yesterday I was posing a client by a footbridge over a little stream running into a large pond when I suddenly saw this newly emerged dragonfly on the post I was just about to get my client to lean against... well grabbed the extension tube (26mm) and the 80mm... just a quick hand held grab...

H4D-40 26mm tube + 80mm f2.8 @ f10 1/180 lit with profoto magnum reflector...

Grayhand

From a visit to Söderåsen nature reserve this weekend.

I'm always drawn to the chaotic structures of small streams due to erosion in bedrock

AFDlll, Hartblei 45mm, P45+

Ray

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
A great picture - but why this not in color...? I can feel the green from the tree or the blue in the sea. A wonderful dark brown at the stem...

Perhaps this could (for me) really be better in color.
Christian...Thank very much for your comment. I will try.
It may be just me. I feel long exposure photography looks better in B&W.
The IQ260 would be a perfect back.

Pramote

Grayhand

Regarding "Fun with MF images" or rather my tools for making them.

The more I use the Hartblei 45mm lens for my Mamiya AFD-camera the more pleased I become with it.
In the field of "fun lenses" this one gives me absolutely most pleasure when I PLAY with it compared to all my other lenses.

It was like learning to ride a bicycle in the beginning, first frustrating, but then suddenly a big smile on your face when all the pieces fall into place.
And I am pleased with how easy it is to use together with my AFD-camera and its view finder. You just need light.
If your objekt is to dark, use a good flash light or a laser to produce illumination on your object to help you focus.

Below is a pictures from Söderåsen nature reserve this sunday.
I was resting after a long walk and just played a bit with this stone wall. Without and with "Focus mask" in Capture One.
All done without any formulas, tables or distant meters and the camera pointing downwards to the wall.

So if anyone is wondering what tilt and/or shift could do for you, I really recommend this lens to start with.
A wee bit cheaper than a technical camera..

Did I say that I really likes this lens?

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.