The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Hi Tom,

....................I've not been lucky with HDR and stopped using it years ago due to unnatural look and oversaturation. I am looking forward to seeing how you would manage your future photos with HDR.

Best regards,
Pramote
Thanks for the link Pramote, I've mostly stopped using HDR, I still use layers with different exposures but try to avoid the HDR look.

The saturation looks good with this shot. I for one, was weened on Fugi Velvia, and am fine with saturation as long as it doesn't go too far. That is one of my on going battles with myself when processing files. I think I need to sometimes tie my fingers down to prevent using too much contrast or saturation. I am always wary of overdoing it and unfortunately the saturation slider sometimes wins.
I must be older than you, KII an then K25 and K64 are my benchmarks :).

Nathan W. Lediard

I really like your work Nathan. This shot is another fine example. There seems to be so much going on - Controlled complimentary color pallet -neutrals, blue and that orange-red. Graphic composition with separate framed areas. Nice lines and a large negative space for your logo or the clients copy. Wondering how hard it was to balance the lighting. It seems that if you would have moved an inch in any direction the composition wouldn't have come together. The only thing that slightly bothered me was that he escalator steps disappeared with a long exposure or is this some kind of conveyor belt system (I don't get out much, at least to metro areas). Very nice indeed. Thumbs up.
Thanks for the compliments, glad you like it :)
Balancing the light can be tricky, and here there is a lot of mixed lighting, I find it harder and harder to get good pics in these kind of environments, the influx of LED lighting is suddenly throwing daylight colour temps into an otherwise pretty much tungsten scene... it was bad enough before with tungsten/fluro mix, but now suddenly daylight LED in the mix.. :) I chose to set balance for the predominant lighting and let the LEDs on the escalator go a little blue... :)
As far as the exposure goes its one shot, the Hasselblad files coped nicely with the shadows and highlights here :)
Long exposures can be a problem with escalators, but this one is a kind of conveyer belt with no steps :)
I spent 4 days in the Oslo area photographing four of the biggest shopping centres in Norway... I was not exactly a fan of such places before but after four LONG days marching up and down on hard concrete floors well... (My wife thinks it a dream job though and when I get these assignments she always asks to be my assistant :D ) Nice to be in the city a while, but nicer to be back home in the country :)

jagsiva

Bill,great shot! I'm sure the web post does not do justice to the subtleties in the bottom right.

Also, one of my favourite spots in our great country. Just have not been able to get up there in the last couple of years.

I spent a week up near Miller Lake last week, and was thinking of some of your posts here. Of course, I had 3 sick kids to tend to so not much shooting. Certainly have to do a solo weekend shooting in and around Tobermory before the end of the summer.

Once again, great shot.

Some shots from Ano Nuevo State Park on the norther California coast - still very colorful out there!

Contax 645 with 80mm f2 & eMotion75 DB:

A trio of poppies with the 120mm f4 macro:

Also with the 120mm macro (I believe):

Thanks for looking.

Bill, I recognize that barn from your Palouse photo. Well done. However, I really like the Georgian Bay photo. As with many of your photos of the area, it brings back fond memories of my time in Port Elgin and the few trips I made up to Tobermory. There is some really beautiful countryside in that area and the people are the nicest and most hospitable as you could ever meet.

Shashin

And then there was rain...

Pentax 645D and A35mm from the back garden. It has been a really wet summer in Maine so far.

tsjanik

.................. However, I really like the Georgian Bay photo. As with many of your photos of the area, it brings back fond memories of my time in Port Elgin and the few trips I made up to Tobermory. There is some really beautiful countryside in that area and the people are the nicest and most hospitable as you could ever meet.
+1. The combination of blue-green, clear, cold water and white limestone is spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.