The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan W. Lediard

From a shoot today for a very clever knitwear designer... This project is nearing completion... just some "atmosphere" shots today... The book comes out in the autumn via one of Norways biggest publishers... looking forward to seeing it in bookstores!
H4D-40 HC80mm f2.8 @ f3.4

hogweed

Hi, new guy here,

During the day, I have a photography job at a studio, so called basement photography, mostly repro, archeological artefacts, fine art objects. But there is still time to do some private stuff, not studio-like at all:

503CW, 50mm CF, IQ160

hogweed

menos

It is my first photo post here I guess ;-)

I got to a medium format digital by accident, having added a Leica S2 and some old glass, to use for my street portraits, which so far, I mostly shot with 35mm and some medium format film.

Here is some with the S2 and mostly Contax glass:

I used mostly the 80 and 140mm that morning and still am experimenting with all the nice lenses available now for the Leica S.

I absolutely love to do colour now with MF digital - I have mostly been a B/W guy so far and always hated to deal with colour film scanning. The S2 and the Carl Zeiss glass really give a nice colour base to the look, I want.

menos

Haha - thanks Dave!
I fully understand you - I see things in monochrome normally ;-)

And she indeed has something special - I have a short blogpost on my website about how this portrait came to be - it was a really interesting situation.

There was a fashion photo shoot going on, on my way back home after a hot early morning, shooting.
I normally stay away from such situations, as I respect the working people around and don't want to get in their way, which is what I would hate to happen to me.
I did the same this time, but accidentally, I almost bumped into this girl, who just came around the corner, looking gorgeous with the wind blowing her hair …

It was quick as usual, I got two frames and only afterwards realised, that she was an assistant to the photographer, bringing the model a new pair of shoes … I slapped my forehead and got lucky, to bump into this portrait - was worth the sweat and blood I guess ;-)

This is so beautiful about doing street portraits - it's all so fast and interesting all over every time you bump into somebody!

Nathan W. Lediard

Met this lovely 83 years young lady on a job today... I asked her to sit by the window and let me take her picture... she said yes :)
H4D-40 80mm iso 100 f2.8 1/30s with monopod

WildRover

I got out a couple times recently here in Door County. I've been working on a few and will post them shortly. I just got done with this one. This is a stack of 5 seperate shots with the Pentax 645FA 200mm ISO 200 at f/11. I had wanted to use my 120A - any excuse to use that lens because its so nice - but the 200mm worked better for this composition. I actually shot a total of 10 photos, but only 5 were in the focus range. I could have used a couple more in this stack at tighter focal points.
This was a tortured mess to process. I tend to do too much in Lightroom - probably photoshop also. After Lightroom, I used Zerene Stacker to put them together. Spent a lot of time in Zerene retouching so if I'd want to do this again without as heavy a hand in Lightroom, I'd have to do all that retouching again. Augh!!
This was done after sunset so the light would be directional but soft. With so many exposures, the light was fading a lot between the first exposure and the last so I kept it on auto exposure and started the first at 15 seconds and the last ended up at 25 seconds.
Not sure I like this, but thought I'd share and let everybody know how it came about. This is a nice little forest of cedar trees on top of the Niagara Escarpment cliffs in northern Door County. There are many possibilities here, especially with fog. I plan on returning here often.

Rick - Pentax 645D

View attachment 75214

Last edited:

WildRover

A couple more from the cliffs. Headlands Escarpment was with the Pentax-FA 645 45-85mm at 45mm, ISO 100, f/22, 25 seconds. Headlands Edge was with the same lens at 75mm, ISO 100, f/32, 10 seconds. I don't normally like using such small apertures. I didn't think much of these shots at the time. Just kind of grab shots, so didn't bother doing a better technical job.

Rick

View attachment 75215

View attachment 75216

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.