The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissblad

Hasselblad 501C - Fuji Pro 400H

Was at a flea market in Brooklyn, the person selling the records said that you have to smile when looking through the records. He did this because I was waiting and waiting for her to strike a good pose. So major thanks to that guy, I salute you record seller man! You helped me get my shot that day :thumbup:
That is really very good!
Not at all easy with a 501C - impressive. ;)

etrump

I'm not too excited about this image I shot in Africa but I have had a lot of requests based on a facebook post. I would appreciate any comments.

john d

Hi All,

This is one of my first test shot using my new H4D-40 and 50-110 lens at iso 100
Developed in Phocus 2.7, Lightroom and Nik Filter.

Thanks,

John D

davegrady1

I'm not too excited about this image I shot in Africa but I have had a lot of requests based on a facebook post. I would appreciate any comments.

Wow !!! this is stunning Ed and definitely print worthy. I also am very over critical of my own shots but this I'd be very happy with. What was it shot with ?

Ed, it's a stunning image, but something bothers me that I can't put my finger on immediately. I'm not sure without playing, but the colour is maybe too orange and not golden enough?

Swissblad

Ed, it's a stunning image, but something bothers me that I can't put my finger on immediately. I'm not sure without playing, but the colour is maybe too orange and not golden enough?
My feeling as well - difficult to express - it just doesn't feel right.

Dramatic image though!

alajuela

Hi Ed

It is really Stunning - the sky is quite vibrant, so cool yet so warm there is something about the forefront that takes away from it. But the forefront seems that the shadows are plugged (at least on the screen) yet the the trees don't give off a defined shadow. Can't remember seeing some like this - I think the problem is the trees.
Anyway it is stunning -
best
Phil

tsjanik

Ed, I agree with Paul, Swissblad and Philip. it is certainly stunning. My wife walked by as I was looking at the image and said "Wow, where is that?". On my screen the image appears oversaturated and there is something about the blue and intense yellow juxtaposed in the sky that is troubling and not natural looking. The trees should enhance/complete the image, but somehow their arrangement is not harmonious. Just my 2 cents; I wonder about a B&W version.

Tom

Renaa private fishery, Norway - Linhof Techno, 40mm

Trout in waterfall - Mamiya RZ, 110mm

Almost no water in the waterfall - Mamiya RZ 55mm

Me with a 12.6kg Salmon. The ghillie caught it, not me! - Mamiya RZ 110mm

An Owl in the UK - Mamiya RZ 110mm

Status
Not open for further replies.