The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

Been out roaming around for the last 3 months so not much time to sort images and share them. I really enjoy the work of many of the members and so like to contribute as well.

Here is my image of the dead - well almost dead (just a couple of branches were holding onto life), supplejack tree near Charleville Queensland.

IQ180, 645DF, 55mm lens - a number of images merged and a bit of a tweak.

Mal
Mal:

This would be a great illustration of consciousness just before sleep: one foot in the real world, one in dreams.

Tom

malmac

Tom

I have been reading a book by Iain McGilchrist - The Mater and his Emissary - so I have been exploring both my dreams and my non-logical - non-sequential view of the world.
This has taken me back to drawing and painting as a way of exploring my view of the world I live in.

So your comment is pretty much right on the money.

Thanks for taking the time to share your observations.

Mal

malmac

Mal, that image is begging to be printed on a nice water color paper...

ken
Ken

I thank you for the suggestion. I will certainly look into this. At present I am not doing my own printing but I feel your suggestion is a very good one.

Being an IQ180 image - the detail which throbs beneath the initial impression of vapour and swirls is what adds the depth to the image in full size.

I will talk with my printer about what's involved.

Thank you so much for adding value to this series of images.

Mal

malmac

Light painting
Cambo AE, 23 mm Rodi, 45+. Three images
I took a night image in the town of Deal (UK) and it had the same feel as your image - now your image becomes a surrealistic streetscape when I view it.

I find it very exciting when an image straddles two realities and yours does it for me so effortlessly. The suitcase also has lots of metaphorical nuances which is maybe a key part of the process.

Mal

aeaemd

I took a night image in the town of Deal (UK) and it had the same feel as your image - now your image becomes a surrealistic streetscape when I view it.

I find it very exciting when an image straddles two realities and yours does it for me so effortlessly. The suitcase also has lots of metaphorical nuances which is maybe a key part of the process.

Mal
Thank you Mal

I enjoy light painting for the same exact reason. I think spending time making the image make you connect with the photo as well beside the fact you show and/or manipulate reality by a flash light.

Amr

Nathan W. Lediard

I was down on Oslo this last thursday/friday , launch party for a book illustrated with my photography amd then a visit to my dealer... to pic up my new EOS-1Dx (no its not replacing my medium format gear, its replacing my loyal nearly 6 year old 1DsmkIII) Now what this got to do with MF you may ask... well They had a HCD24mm f4.8 on the shelf... and I walked out with it in my backpack! (ON LOAN) to try out... All I can say is as Steppenwolf once said.... God damn the pusher man! I had a long hard look at the 1Dx I had just bought.... hmm same price... NO NO NO! but boy this lens is going to be my next H lens... just need fill up my account again first :)
Shot today H4D-40 HCD24mm wide open f4.8 1/500 iso 100

RVB

I was down on Oslo this last thursday/friday , launch party for a book illustrated with my photography amd then a visit to my dealer... to pic up my new EOS-1Dx (no its not replacing my medium format gear, its replacing my loyal nearly 6 year old 1DsmkIII) Now what this got to do with MF you may ask... well They had a HCD24mm f4.8 on the shelf... and I walked out with it in my backpack! (ON LOAN) to try out... All I can say is as Steppenwolf once said.... God damn the pusher man! I had a long hard look at the 1Dx I had just bought.... hmm same price... NO NO NO! but boy this lens is going to be my next H lens... just need fill up my account again first :)
Shot today H4D-40 HCD24mm wide open f4.8 1/500 iso 100

The HCD 24mm will probably hold its value better than the 1DX.. :)

Nathan W. Lediard

The HCD 24mm will probably hold its value better than the 1DX.. :)
hehe, indeed! But realistically the 1Dx will earn more money than the HCD24mm (and will probably help pay for the 24mm (because it really is an amazing piece of glass that I will no doubt get in the end)) so its head over heart here... sometimes I have to let my business head rule the roost :(

hehe, indeed! But realistically the 1Dx will earn more money than the HCD24mm (and will probably help pay for the 24mm (because it really is an amazing piece of glass that I will no doubt get in the end)) so its head over heart here... sometimes I have to let my business head rule the roost :(
I had this same problem early this year, go MF, or get a 1Dx and a 24-70 II? I messaged Doug about getting a Phase, but things changed and I needed the high ISO and speed, so maybe next year...

Great pics though, keep em coming! :thumbs:

ondebanks

Seeing aeaemd's IQ260 Achromatic shot above prompted me to post this one.

Kodak DCS645M back @ ISO100, Mamiya 645AFD, 45/2.8 "S" lens (IIRC) @ f/11 or f/16

IR780 Cokin-P type filter.

2 handheld shots on Aperture Priority with -3 stops compensation, giving 1/125 sec for the lower part and 1/180 sec for the upper part.

Auto-stitched in Hugin.

Ray

Nathan W. Lediard

I had this same problem early this year, go MF, or get a 1Dx and a 24-70 II? I messaged Doug about getting a Phase, but things changed and I needed the high ISO and speed, so maybe next year...

Great pics though, keep em coming! :thumbs:

If and when you make the jump to MF you will just love it... but MFD and 35mm are two different beasts, I need both- With my canon gear I can do stuff that I cannot do with the Hassy and vice versa...

Nathan W. Lediard

More 24 :) This was a quick hand held shot out of the 4th floor window of NRK entertainment looking out over the NRK complex... (NRK: think BBC)

H4D-40 HCD24mm @f13 1/125

Software geometric correction is turned off here by the way....

pesto

Widget is a previously homeless fellow who has turned out to be a great friend... one wonders in such cases who has adopted whom ?
S2 P / APO Elmar 180 @ f/8 / ISO 160.

Status
Not open for further replies.