The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Thanks Tom!

And I think you will get your wish to be spared further shots with this lens, at least for a while. On the very day that I took these shots, my lovely new 25 came apart (I don't know if it received a knock - I don't think so, but you never know in the heat of the moment). So off it goes to C.R. Kennedy. 2 weeks before they even tell me what is required followed by a possible trip to Japan or a wait for parts from Japan depending on what is needed. From past experience of 'service' with this outfit, I don't expect to have the lens back for months... Oh well, stitching with the 35mm A it is!

tsjanik

Thanks Tom!

And I think you will get your wish to be spared further shots with this lens, at least for a while. On the very day that I took these shots, my lovely new 25 came apart (I don't know if it received a knock - I don't think so, but you never know in the heat of the moment). So off it goes to C.R. Kennedy. 2 weeks before they even tell me what is required followed by a possible trip to Japan or a wait for parts from Japan depending on what is needed. From past experience of 'service' with this outfit, I don't expect to have the lens back for months... Oh well, stitching with the 35mm A it is!
That's too bad Ed. Didn't you have that lens serviced recently?

D&A

Really nice Ed. The sun and movement in the water make all the difference.

Please stop using the 25mm :)

Tom
Lovely images Ed! With regards to your 25mm, did you purchase the lens used from a private individual or from a retail outlet. Rarely have encountered a Pentax MF lens physically coming apart. Hope it gets repaired quicker than you anticipate.

Dave (D&A)

Ed Hurst

Hi Dave,

It was bought from a retail outlet in the UK when I was on a trip there. Sadly, seeking redress from them would be very difficult/slow from Australia. Hopefully it can be rectified with less difficulty than I fear. Thanks for your concern!

Ed

Ken_R

Thanks Tom!

That is precisely the reason I sold my 645D. I could not risk long waits for service. I think it is one of the best digital cameras made today but unfortunately the service and support is not worthy. :( I had to fork out the big dinero for a phase.

Awesome images btw!

tsjanik

Not MFDB and not even still images, but I think some may enjoy this. I posted some images of the I.M. Pei designed buildings at SUNY Fredonia a few weeks ago. I recently discovered this Youtube video of the campus created by a student in 2003. Many of images in the video could be still photographs, but also illustrate the power of strong, single images within video.

It’s worth watching.

Tom

Light is the Key - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.