The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

aCIDfire

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
What's strange is that about half of your pics do show up on my browser (Safari on a Macbook Air OS X 10.8.4), and they are all hosted in the same place.

The same ones are visible and invisible in the Leica forum.

Puzzling...

Matt

malmac

Mal, here's a mug (not MF, Takumar 50mm f/1.4 @ 1.4 on a K5:

3-18_IGP7800_3596 by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Tom
Thank you for the response. I look forward to seeing more compositions based on Ann's pottery. The glazes are a delight as are the textured effect she has created on the side of her piece.

I guess I was thinking of shards of broken terra cotta pots photographed up close to form a desert landscape and then photoshop in some suitable blue glaze as the sky - forming an abstracted landscape of her work.

Just thinking.

Thanks Mal

malmac

IQ180 35mm 100iso 15 sec at f3.5.

Just as the sun started to warm the horizon I was able to light paint this small gum tree in Western Queensland - North of Windorah.

Mal

ondebanks

IQ180 35mm 100iso 15 sec at f3.5.

Just as the sun started to warm the horizon I was able to light paint this small gum tree in Western Queensland - North of Windorah.

Mal
Yay! Finally an MFD shot with some stars in...we don't see enough of those.

You've got Orion to the upper left, Canis Minor to the lower left, and Canis Major just above the tree. Everything's upside-down of course, for us northern-hemisphereish people...

Well done on so many levels - you've also captured beautiful colour in the twilight, the composition balance between silhouette and illumination is perfect, and I know how hard it is to get the light painting intensity "just right".

Ray

malmac

Yay! Finally an MFD shot with some stars in...we don't see enough of those.

You've got Orion to the upper left, Canis Minor to the lower left, and Canis Major just above the tree. Everything's upside-down of course, for us northern-hemisphereish people...

Well done on so many levels - you've also captured beautiful colour in the twilight, the composition balance between silhouette and illumination is perfect, and I know how hard it is to get the light painting intensity "just right".

Ray
Ray

Thanks for the identification - proves that these stars are not courtesy of Photoshop. The most stunning photos of the Milky Way from Western Queensland were taken on the Canon - so not suitable for this thread.

You are right about the light painting - I took about 8 exposures and this is the best balance of the components.

Mal

Status
Not open for further replies.