The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissblad

Ed,

Weird browser behavior here (Safari on Macbook Air). At first, your images appeared VERY large - maybe 100%? I could only see tiny portions. After clicking through to flikr and coming back, they are scaled to a viewable size. Maybe the scaling would have happened eventually anyway.

Oh, beautiful images, too! :)

--Matt
Same problem here using MBP and Safari.

malmac

Back to the rain forest from the desert.
This might be interesting for owners of the AS cube.
I did a three photo stich to achieve a straight sharp image to use as the background.
Then I repeated the process but allowed the cube to slowly rotate under the force of gravity while the image was taken with a 2.5 second exposure. Using the nodal rail accentuated the willingness of the cube to rotate.

IQ180, 35mm Phase One lens.

Mal

Shashin

Phil, thanks. But I cannot take all the credit--that was the RAW file right out of the Pentax 645D and opened through ACR. That is also ISO 1,600 with the manual focus 120mm macro at f/4--not a lot of light at the time.

tsjanik

Phil, thanks. But I cannot take all the credit--that was the RAW file right out of the Pentax 645D and opened through ACR. That is also ISO 1,600 with the manual focus 120mm macro at f/4--not a lot of light at the time.
And yet some say the 120 has harsh bokeh.

Ed Hurst

Cracking shot Will - and a nice example of what the body can do at high ISO (in the right hands). I love the gentle, lush feel...

richieboone

are you sure those are stars and not hot pixels:p
damn hot pixels:eek:
Yay! Finally an MFD shot with some stars in...we don't see enough of those.

You've got Orion to the upper left, Canis Minor to the lower left, and Canis Major just above the tree. Everything's upside-down of course, for us northern-hemisphereish people...

Well done on so many levels - you've also captured beautiful colour in the twilight, the composition balance between silhouette and illumination is perfect, and I know how hard it is to get the light painting intensity "just right".

Ray

alajuela

I did a three photo stich to achieve a straight sharp image to use as the background.
Then I repeated the process but allowed the cube to slowly rotate under the force of gravity while the image was taken with a 2.5 second exposure. Using the nodal rail accentuated the willingness of the cube to rotate.

Mal
This is very nice Mal. Very creative, and results are very artistic. Really gives the mood of a rain forest.
I think printed at A3 or larger on Epson velvet or hot press would be interesting, and perhaps add to an already great image.

Phil

alajuela

Hi Will

Your eyes, your hands, your choices - your credit in my opinion.

Phil

malmac

Ed

Thanks for the positive comment re my most recent image. Have you been to see the Ansel Adams exhibition on in Sydney at the moment?

Phil

I want to do up a series of image impressions on art paper. I have done a previous
image up, which is the first in the series - it does look really good.

Thanks for your positive comment.

Mal

aeaemd

Mal
Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.