The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Hurst

Ed

Have you been to see the Ansel Adams exhibition on in Sydney at the moment?

Mal

Hi Mal,

I haven't yet - been moving house and very tied up with preparations for our forthcoming baby, so any time I can slip away has been taken up with shooting. But I definitely intend to! You coming down for it?

Ed

aeaemd

Thanks for the positive comment on my most recent image - could you share a bit about how you created your Willis Tower image?

Thanks

Mal
Mal

After doing general curve and level adjustments in capture one, I moved it photoshop, converted to black and white using NIK then selected the sky and worked on the curve to bring the contrasty sky then did the same thing with the tower. After I was done, I played with selective color adjustment layers to get the gold.

malmac

Hi Mal,

I haven't yet - been moving house and very tied up with preparations for our forthcoming baby, so any time I can slip away has been taken up with shooting. But I definitely intend to! You coming down for it?

Ed
Ed

Yes our daughter lives in Surry Hills and she and I are going to see Leonard Cohen in November and then off to see Ansel exhib on the Sunday.

All the best with the new baby - I think we could all enjoy some new born photos when the time comes.

Mal

tcdeveau

Here's one I took in San Fran last week. Pretty proud of this image...woke up at 4:30am in order to get in place and lucked out with the fog. It made it all the way up to page 3 on the "popular" section of 500px.com so pretty proud of that. Anyway, hope you all enjoy it too.

Hasselblad H4D-40, 35-90mm, ISO 100, 65mm, f/11, 45 sec, Really Right Stuff TVC-33 and BH-55 + L-plate

Don't remember if I used any grad filters or not because it was too early in the morning haha.

tcdeveau

Here's McWay Falls in Big Sur. This amazing view used to be someone's backyard essentially, which is ridiculous. Anyway, this view is photographed a million times a day, but here it is MFD/Big Stopper style

Hasselblad H4D-40, 35-90mm, ISO 100, 50mm, f/11, 64 sec, lee big stopper, lee 100 mm push on adaptor (thanks Pramote!), Really Right Stuff TVC-33, BH-55

RVB

S2and 70mm Summarit,I posted the same shot in the S thread but this version has deeper blacks added with levels,processed in C1P7

Status
Not open for further replies.