The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

malmac

This is me! :)

In the studio I often use to many strobes. So, today I forced my self to work with one beauty dish and no reflectors or fill light, just for the fun of it. :)

Hasselblad H4d-50 | HC 2,2/100 | f5,6 | 1/125s | iso 50
I know that "too many strobes" approach - I need to follow your example and simplify the lighting - your portrait is beautifully lit in my opinion.

Mal

etrump

A couple from this morning scouting for the CI workshop. Quick laptop edits but you get the idea.

Cambo AE, IQ180, HR40, both single exposure stitched panos.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ed,

Nice! I suppose I can just ask next week, but how on earth do you stitch ocean waves? I've never managed it.

--Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm also a bit concerned that Ed is using up all of the photographs in Maine. I hope that there are still some left for the rest of us. :ROTFL:

Swissblad

Many thanks for the kind likes for my sunflower images, gents!

Much appreciated - especially in view of the other superb photographs posted on this forum.

Bildifokus

I know that "too many strobes" approach - I need to follow your example and simplify the lighting - your portrait is beautifully lit in my opinion.

Mal
Thanks Mal!

Somehow I have started to think "since I have all this equipment I have to use it all at the same time". I had a big shoot last week and it was a 3 hour drive from my studio. When I arrived I had forgotten three soft boxes. I had to rethink and in the end I did not need them. I found a new look for the customer that gave more depth to the images thanks to the shadows.

Grayhand

Nice shot, but i feel it is flat, or that B&W didn't show the true beauty, so i would like to see this shot in colors if available.
Hi Tareq!
Glad you liked the composition.

This picture was from the start meant to be presented in B/W.
I did use a linear polarizer and a ND-filter to "squeeze" some dynamics out of the clouds.
So the color version looks a bit strange with color cast in a big part of the sky due to the polarizer.

The original scene was rather "tonally flat", and that was one of the things I liked about this scene.
There is tonality from roughly 255 all the way down to 0 in this picture.
But the majority of the area is in a rather tight and bright "tonality region".

This was a reaction to all the burning sunsets I had for about 4 weeks in August.
I become a bit burned out with this kind of views, so to say.
And I think I am still a bit over-sensitive to over-saturated pictures,
I now prefer autumn leaf in mist rather than in bright sunlight :D

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.