The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professional

Hi Tareq!
Glad you liked the composition.

This picture was from the start meant to be presented in B/W.
I did use a linear polarizer and a ND-filter to "squeeze" some dynamics out of the clouds.
So the color version looks a bit strange with color cast in a big part of the sky due to the polarizer.

The original scene was rather "tonally flat", and that was one of the things I liked about this scene.
There is tonality from roughly 255 all the way down to 0 in this picture.
But the majority of the area is in a rather tight and bright "tonality region".

This was a reaction to all the burning sunsets I had for about 4 weeks in August.
I become a bit burned out with this kind of views, so to say.
And I think I am still a bit over-sensitive to over-saturated pictures,
I now prefer autumn leaf in mist rather than in bright sunlight :D

Ray
Hi Ray!

Thank you very much for explanation of your shot, it is more sense now, i may like that flat color or look like desaturated, but this B&W i feel it lacks of punch or contrast or whatever, maybe this is what you or some like it that way, after all it is still nice decent shot and i like it, keep up your work.

Professional

Hi Tareq

Very impressive series of images.

Query: what scanner do you use for your MF negatives, or are these scans of prints?

Cheers, S.
Thanks!

I use Epson V750 for my scans, but i feel i want to go all the way to drum scanner if i can afford and find one to be shipped.

It is just dry scan using that manufacturer film holder [Epson] and using Epson Scan, and all recommending using betterscanning holder and another software rather than Epson Scan [SilverFast, VueScan], so maybe one day i will have enough time to use those more, still i find Epson Scan as the easiest direct friendly one to use.

Also later i will try to try scanning by my MF + 120macro and see if this will give me better results than my V750 [many did test with 35mm DSLRs].

SergeiR

In the studio I often use to many strobes. So, today I forced my self to work with one beauty dish and no reflectors or fill light, just for the fun of it. :)

Hasselblad H4d-50 | HC 2,2/100 | f5,6 | 1/125s | iso 50
nice gradation on background and good light on subject :)

Kabraxis

Some more pictures from the azores this year. The last one was a 250$ shoot, the wave destroyed my sync port from my Distagon 50 CFi.

3 shoots vertikal, ND 6 gray filter, Horseman SW-D II, Rodi 35mm, P45+

Hasselblad 503CW, 50mm Distagon CFi, P45+ , Lee Big Stopper

Hasselblad 503CW, 50mm Distagon CFi, P45+

Best regards from Switzerland

Last edited:

Shashin

Some more pictures from the azores this year. The last one was a 250$ shoot, the wave destroyed my sync port from my Distagon 50 CFi.

Hasselblad 503CW, 50mm Distagon CFi, P45+

Best regards from Switzerland
While the economics of this type of photography are probably not good, I love the image.

malmac

Camped near this hill west of Windorah in far western Queensland.

here the whole hill is just breaking up - coming apart - so I took a close up of the characteristic pattern and then overlaid it so one can appreciate the way the hill is just exploding in slow motion.

IQ180 stitched image.

Mal

Professional

Mamiya RZII, 58mm, Kodak TMAX100

This camera is really incredible, using it properly will give something truly outstanding, regardless of its weight and also battery issue.

My fav films i have out of this camera are:

B&W: Acros 100, TMAX400
Color neg: Reala100, Ektar100
Color slide: Velvia 50, Velvia 100F

Bildifokus

No More Mr. Nice Guy!​

Almost the same lighting as before. The only difference is that I directed the strobe more towards me for a smother gradient on the background. The strobe is also placed quit near me to get more spill light on the shadow side.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,2/100 | f4 | 1/500s | iso 50

Status
Not open for further replies.