The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Little different view of the light house. Maybe better said last space to fit a damn tripod on the rocks. For a closed National park you would not know our moronic politicians closed our national Parks. This was sunset and going back in morning. LOL

RVB

One with the 23mm Roadie in the mist of the morning.

Guy,even as a jpeg this has lovely color and clarity ,what is the equivalent of the HR23 in 35mm format,does it cover a full IQ260 sensor,I read somewhere that its made for a smaller sensor than the full IQ260 sensor.. is this true?

Rob

Bildifokus

In Sweden we call this tree Rönn. I'm not sure, but I think you recognize it as Rowan or Mountain Ash. The are so beautiful when turning from green to red.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,2/100 | Extension tube 13mm | f2,2 | 1/125s | iso 50

Don Libby

Thanks bud, I need to make this permanent and get back to the tech cam. Im having fun with it and maybe a better direction for me as my art looks pretty damn good if I say so myself.
I've always subscribed to the thought that working with a tech cam (any tech) cam made me a much better landscape photographer and while the DF is "nice" my heart always soars when I use my tech cam. I hope you can get back into it soon.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Guy,even as a jpeg this has lovely color and clarity ,what is the equivalent of the HR23 in 35mm format,does it cover a full IQ260 sensor,I read somewhere that its made for a smaller sensor than the full IQ260 sensor.. is this true?

Rob
It's 17mm in 35 mm world and no it works with all the backs . It's limitations are only 2mm of movement on full frame sensors. On the IQ 260 I am not finding the need for a CF filter if your images are not too dark in the corners for noise but your LCC completely cleans up any color cast.

jduncan

Thanks folks. Ed and I are really enjoying the workshop and having a lot of fun with everyone here. We happen to have the one of the few Acromatic back in the world at the moment in the new IQ 260 flavor. I did not think much of them before and Wow this thing rocks. So Ed and I been shooting it as much as we can. Been shooting the IQ260 as well and this is the back to own. Coming from the 160 the new back is really amazing. Oh boy do I have the itch to get back to MF. There is just nothing like these files. Our shots above are just so rich in detail and quality if file. We will post more as we go and our days are loaded with shooting. We have a full Leica S2 kit with several lenses including the new zoom 30-90 so I'm hoping to spend a day shooting that as well and we have a Leica M monochrome to play with as well. Lots of amazing gear at everyone's disposal . Okay 4 am need shower and head out to shoot the ocean again this morning. I'm getting my fill of water shooting and I love it.
Thanks for the update. When you say " Coming from the 160 the new back is really amazing." is this about performance and features or about the quality of the files?

Thanks,

J. Duncan

etrump

Eagle Lake in Infrared using the Phase One Achromatic back.

IQ260 Achromatic, Cambo AE, HR70, two shot stitch

Status
Not open for further replies.