The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Ed, waiting for you to post some of your winners and I know you got them. LOL

Wish I stayed the extra day to get that lighthouse in Portland

This was a very good workshop for images.

BTW You where in this photo, had to clone you out. ROTFLMAO

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Gull Rock and Clouds, Early Evening.

Taken from the top of Nare Head on the Roseland in Cornwall, England

IQ260, Phase One 645D and the 28mm Phase Mamiya lens.

Your making fine use of the IQ 260. Really liked using that back last week.

MILESF

Your making fine use of the IQ 260. Really liked using that back last week.
Guy, it's a nice piece of kit. The slight disappointment is that the images via Capture Pilot are a bit fuzzy on an iPad 3rd Gen. I read somewhere that the original iPad may be better so I'm about to dig the old one out and give it a try.

Thanks for your comments. Liking Getdpi very much.

Nathan W. Lediard

One from the studio today...
H4D-40 150n Tiffen black pro mist 1/4 Profoto Silver beauty dish, 5 foot octa as fill, silver refelctor and a zoom reflector behind her head...

Last edited:

tsjanik

Black Hills, SD

Very nice Bill. I love images from there; I've visited the Black Hills every few years my entire life. My mother grew up in the Black Hills (Deerfield and Hill City); the family had the General Store, post office, gas station, sawmill and farm in one location - the first super center.

Tom

ondebanks

Such an underrated back. I still have several wall hangers from mine and I don't even think that my 60mp back would be better other than resolution.

I always wanted to pick up the ProBack+ and use it with my 4x5 too. Say what you will about Kodak they certainly knew colour. Ditto Leaf.

oops, btw :thumbs: for the image.
Thank you, Graham!

Yes, the old KAF-16802 sensored Kodak is still delivering the goods for me, on shots like this. I fully agree that they have been underrated...perhaps because they didn't have the overhyped 16-bit mojo; or because Contax 645 users found them overheating sometimes - which really was the fault of *Contax*, not Kodak; unlike the Mamiya AFD and Hasselblad H1, the Contax body had no way to electronically command/allow the back to 'sleep'. As the user manual says: "When you turn off the power on the CONTAX 645 camera body, the DCS 645C continues to use full power for approximately one hour".

And I suppose, when Kodak abruptly stopped making MF backs in 2004 (one of Kodak management's many poor decisions, IMO), some people would have been nervous about staying with them.

Of course you have to like shooting square format photos...but I do like that.

Ray

Ed Hurst

An interesting day in Sydney (the worst day for bushfires in a decade, cloaking the city in smoke)... Here are a few pictures, starting with a gentle sunrise and ending in a dramatic, smokey sunset:

[/url]
_IGP4357Step6sRGBSMALL by eduardotunnel4, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
_IGP4364Step9CurvesSMALL by eduardotunnel4, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
PanoFromFiles_IGP4372-96(AllFiles)Step6sRGBSMALL by eduardotunnel4, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
PanoFromFiles_IGP4456-73(AllFiles)Step6sRGBSMALL by eduardotunnel4, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ed Hurst

You're so right Guy - it's a terrible shame about the fires. So many people have lost property and even their homes. Let's just hope everyone manages to stay safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.