The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
An interesting day in Sydney (the worst day for bushfires in a decade, cloaking the city in smoke)... Here are a few pictures, starting with a gentle sunrise and ending in a dramatic, smokey sunset:

[/url]

Congratulations Ed! Perfect color, light and composition! Pramote

etrump

Thanks Ed, waiting for you to post some of your winners and I know you got them. LOL

Wish I stayed the extra day to get that lighthouse in Portland

This was a very good workshop for images.

BTW You where in this photo, had to clone you out. ROTFLMAO
I had never been cloned out before. I can tell you the empty feeling in the pit of my stomach followed by a total lack of sense of self-worth was not an enjoyable experience.

:OT:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
:thumbs: I totally agree. Nice job finding an unusual perspective at the village where the cliche shot with reflection is the norm.

Nice.
What, you mean like this cliche?

I thought so...

:ROTFL:

--Matt

(Of course, Bryan asked us if we wanted to try the shot from his perspective, but Stuart and I were both about a foot too short.)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
What, you mean like this cliche?

I thought so...

:ROTFL:

--Matt

(Of course, Bryan asked us if we wanted to try the shot from his perspective, but Stuart and I were both about a foot too short.)
Yup. I'm similarly vertically challenged and I would probably have come back with that image again. Maybe about a ft to the left though :D

Btw, it's still an iconic scene though.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Indeed, I had several from further to the left, but 1) the light through the leaves was very brief, and 2) this was the only shot without photographers visible at the right side of the bridge :D

etrump

I see my posts both got entered, sorry about that. My browser hung on the first one and I redid it and got a database crash error message. Obviously both went through so ADMIN feel free to delete one of them.

On a side note, I am cycling out my 2500mha phase batteries for the new 2900 they use in the IQ2 series. If anyone wants a few of my old batteries send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send them your way.

aCIDfire

In Sweden we call this tree Rönn. I'm not sure, but I think you recognize it as Rowan or Mountain Ash. The are so beautiful when turning from green to red.

Hasselblad H4D-50 | HC 2,2/100 | Extension tube 13mm | f2,2 | 1/125s | iso 50
Really nice shot, do you have more pictures with 100/2.2 + Extension tube 13mm?? I like my 100/2.2 on S2 and 13mm ext.tube would be a great upgrade for close-up shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.