The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta. (Together with Glacier NP in Montana, this makes the International Peace Park - a UNESCO World Heritage site.)

Last edited:

MaxKißler

Totally understand your thinking. Just giving a couple thoughts to think about. People need to know the main elements to create a look. Body position head position, the look of the model and without a doubt the most important the look of the lighting. Of course the models look she is trying to convey. It's a mix of elements that create a great image.
To be honest, I'm not satisfied with my lighting here anyway. I should have used a black board to the left to shade her right cheek better and it prooved once again that I'm not a fan of brightening up shadows. I won't be doing this again for a long time.

tcdeveau

Drove up to the mountains yesterday for a couple shots. Not sure I like any of them but here's one. Totally blew the exposure in the highlights (was cold and tired and ready to go home) but still turned out ok. Blue Ridge Mountains looking south into Georgia. Hassy H4D-40, 35-90mm @ 35mm, f/11, 64 sec, ISO 100
Todd

etrump

Jesup Path in Acadia had some great color. This boardwalk goes through an incredible Birch forest.

Cambo, IQ180, HR40, 2 shot stitch

If you look closely, you may see Guy, Stu and Bryan.

Higher resolution wallpaper of this scene on my blog

jduncan

Shot these for school recently. I did rent a 120mm macro and have to admit that I was very surprised at how large and heavy this lens actually was. I expected less bulk and weight and the AF is damn slow but qualitywise it left nothing to be desired.

H2, P30+, f16 (which is the breaking point for this back in my opinion)

And another one:

I haven't yet decided which one to hand in. Which one do you guys prefer?
I love them.
Macros are not the faster at autofocus in general.
F16 is very "deep" the model needs to have top makeup and good skin.

Love the colors too.
Any tip about the F16 selection?

Best regards.
J. Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.