The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrump

Ed...Thank you very much for your thoughtful comment and advice!
You are one of best photographers who have always inspired me. Your friendly suggestions and complements are always appreciative.
The GetDPI is liked home to me. That's for sure!
Lots of you may not know I've been learning and stealing ideas from your pictures you've posted :)

Pramote
Art is all about stealing but we call it inspiration. ;)

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing - Salvador Dali

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

DEnver Art Museum Complex
Phase One IQ260/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 40mm HR-W/Stitching (Panning ~ 320 degrees)
What I've learnt so far is that the IQ260 is fantastic for low light and I can use less of LCC compared to the IQ180.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pramote
http://pramotelaoprasert.zenfolio.com/

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think I had about 3 degrees of forward tilt on this as the camera was about 30 inches from the ground.
I use an app called Tilt Calculator on the iPhone. Your Rodie 40 on a full frame 40x54mm sensor @f/11 and 30in from the horizontal plane does indeed come out with a calculated tilt of precisely 3 degrees to give you everything from your toes to infinity in focus.

Nice to know that the theory and practice matched :thumbs:

pozzello

Cherry Creek State Park, CO
Phase One IQ180/Cambo WRS AE/Rodenstock 23mm HR-S
I really like this image. Beautiful tonality and great luminosity around the fallen tree. I also like the mystery around the clump of trees to the right. The composition is strong and sets the overall mood of the image and makes me want to know more. You could start a whole series from that picture,

Good example of breaking the rules - more please !

WildRover

I too like your photo Pramote. The tones are beautiful and I like the way the forms play against - with each other and balance nicely. I think the diagonals add a dynamic aspect that helps draw the viewer into the photo. I enjoy photos such as this. Very well done.

Do you think this is wind throw as Shashin suggested or is it possibly from some previous flooding?

Rick

WildRover

I haven't posted anything for awhile. Here's one from a family camping trip in September. This is from the campsite. ISO 400, 5 minutes 51 seconds, Pentax 645D, 35-A lens at f/5.6, about midnight, moon backlighting of lake fog. A lesson learned - After doing a few other exposures, I set one up very similar to this. Did an exposure of about 45 minutes with the expectation that the longer star trails would be nicely veiled by the lake fog. After exposing, was careful to not turn the camera off when packing it away so it could do its dark exposure thing and to bed I went. In the morning, with great anticipation, I grabbed the camera to check my new masterpiece. Nothing. Yep, the battery had died during the noise reduction black frame. So, with that in mind, later in the week I did a lighthouse shot at a 1 hour exposure. Put a newly recharged battery in the camera beforehand and the shot turned out nice (looks good in Lightroom anyway, but have yet to get something finished that I'm happy with).

Rick

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78205&stc=1&d=1382554466

Last edited:

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I really like this image. Beautiful tonality and great luminosity around the fallen tree. I also like the mystery around the clump of trees to the right. The composition is strong and sets the overall mood of the image and makes me want to know more. You could start a whole series from that picture,

Good example of breaking the rules - more please !
I too like your photo Pramote. The tones are beautiful and I like the way the forms play against - with each other and balance nicely. I think the diagonals add a dynamic aspect that helps draw the viewer into the photo. I enjoy photos such as this. Very well done.

Do you think this is wind throw as Shashin suggested or is it possibly from some previous flooding?

Rick

Thanks very much Pozzello & Rick for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.
This is the state park 5 minutes from my home and I've never seen flooding. I think it was just aging.

Pramote

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I use an app called Tilt Calculator on the iPhone. Your Rodie 40 on a full frame 40x54mm sensor @f/11 and 30in from the horizontal plane does indeed come out with a calculated tilt of precisely 3 degrees to give you everything from your toes to infinity in focus.

Nice to know that the theory and practice matched :thumbs:
Good to know. I will have to see if they have that app for my Samsung :grin:

Ben Rubinstein

I haven't posted anything for awhile. Here's one from a family camping trip in September. This is from the campsite. ISO 400, 5 minutes 51 seconds, Pentax 645D, 35-A lens at f/5.6, about midnight, moon backlighting of lake fog. A lesson learned - After doing a few other exposures, I set one up very similar to this. Did an exposure of about 45 minutes with the expectation that the longer star trails would be nicely veiled by the lake fog. After exposing, was careful to not turn the camera off when packing it away so it could do its dark exposure thing and to bed I went. In the morning, with great anticipation, I grabbed the camera to check my new masterpiece. Nothing. Yep, the battery had died during the noise reduction black frame. So, with that in mind, later in the week I did a lighthouse shot at a 1 hour exposure. Put a newly recharged battery in the camera beforehand and the shot turned out nice (looks good in Lightroom anyway, but have yet to get something finished that I'm happy with).

Rick

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78205&stc=1&d=1382554466
That is one of the best landscape shots I've seen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.