The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

Here is some fun... Its all in Norwegian I am afraid, but I had a visit from Norwegian state TV (NRK) while doing a boudoir shoot.. so here you can see me and my Hassy in action
There are pics and a video... Just got a mail they it will be shown on the national news this evening at 9 o'clock (pm) too :)
Årets julegave til kjæresten - NRK
Good stuff, Nathan. I about had to scratch my eyes out on that shot of the reporter however! :eek: :D

WildRover

When its windy, show the wind, something I've never done before (on purpose). A portion of the photo I wanted in good focus to anchor the composition. Found this tree that was exposed nicely to the wind. Unfortunately the thin tree trunks were moving somewhat also. This is a stack of several shots. The base photo was the one that had the least movement. In photoshop, did selective color masks for the red tones, and blended those together with the base shot. This is definitely something I'd like to do more of.

Rick

Edit - The small print I made of this looked OK, but sure is saturated when looking on it here. Future iterations of this need a bit more restraint.

Last edited:

alajuela

When its windy, show the wind, something I've never done before (on purpose). A portion of the photo I wanted in good focus to anchor the composition. Found this tree that was exposed nicely to the wind. Unfortunately the thin tree trunks were moving somewhat also. This is a stack of several shots. The base photo was the one that had the least movement. In photoshop, did selective color masks for the red tones, and blended those together with the base shot. This is definitely something I'd like to do more of.

Rick

Edit - The small print I made of this looked OK, but sure is saturated when looking on it here. Future iterations of this need a bit more restraint.
Hi

Did you change the colorspace to srgb before uploading the image? If not - that will skew your colors.

Phil

WildRover

Phil,

I edit in the Pro Photo space and then use the TK (Tony Kuyper) actions to resize and sharpen for the web. I think that action changes the color space to srgb. Then I just use the save for web command. Perhaps I should first be changing to srgb first?? I think I was overly aggressive with the saturation routine I use, and was a little too sloppy trying to finish that last one up.

Rick

Shashin

This is the apple from the behind the scenes shot I posted earlier, Blue Pearmain. Sorry for all the fruit, but I have just been blogging about apples in Maine.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Bill, this reminds me of an Elliot Porter image.

(Do people even remember who Elliot Porter was?)
Eliot Porter is one of my inspirational photographers - I have pretty much all of his books. The chaos of nature ... (the irony being that he's best known for the intimate landscape work but I believe his passion was bird photography ... with LF!). Just wish that I had some of his dye-sub prints.

Btw, WildRover's "Autumn's Touch" image kind of fits the Eliot Porter style too.

Status
Not open for further replies.