The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayhand

Thanks Alan!

I was hoping to go there again tomorrow.
But they have now upgraded the warnings for the storm to level 3.
The bridge between Sweden and Denmark is closed and a lot of trains, busses and ferries are canceled.
My hotel here in Malmö is beginning to rattle a bit now.

So I think I will need a wee bit bigger camera than my Mamiya 645AFD to stay on the cliffs, maybe something made of concrete...

Ray

ondebanks

DCS645M back (cropped), Mamiya 645AFD, 200/2.8 APO. Handheld.

Would you believe that came from this (original left, and contrast-stretched on the right)? -

When I realized how manky my sensor cover-filter was, the next day, I shot some flat-fields of a light-box with the same lens settings. I divided the image by the averaged flats (in Deep Sky Stacker, which is really for astronomical images) and as you can see, it removed the dust shadows beautifully. The rest was just cropping and levels. Then I cleaned the sensor so that such extra work could be avoided next time. :)

Ray

Bildifokus

One from Söderåsen nature reserve.

I am at the moment in south of Sweden, Malmö, and holding some courses, last day on thursday. I was planing to visit Söderåsen again and the lighthouse of "Kullen".
But now the weather gurus are promising a storm for this area on friday, up to 25-30 m/sek.
Maybe action photos of flying roofs and trees...

Ray

AFDlll, 35mm AF, P45+
It's almost att my doorstep, but I've never been at the lighthouse of Kullen. I want to go to "Hovs Hallar", it's not to far from the Lighthouse I think. Maybe I can do both when this storm has passed! :)

malmac

Will

Do you ever get an opportunity to print up some of your creative/impressionistic images?

I think this one would look great on a highly textured off white art paper - where the light areas allow the colour and texture of the paper to be a significant focus of attention.

Really enjoyed this image.

Mal

Shashin

Mal, I have printed a couple of these images 4x3 feet on a fine art velvet paper and they are very nice (but not this one yet). While the velvet gives a softness and keeps the mid-tone colors, it does lose contrast because the black point is fairly high. I am thinking of trying one on a glossy fiber baryta paper I use. I really like that as it has the depth of B&W fiber paper and can get a good D-max while not looking like a mirror.

malmac

Mal, I have printed a couple of these images 4x3 feet on a fine art velvet paper and they are very nice (but not this one yet). While the velvet gives a softness and keeps the mid-tone colors, it does lose contrast because the black point is fairly high. I am thinking of trying one on a glossy fiber baryta paper I use. I really like that as it has the depth of B&W fiber paper and can get a good D-max while not looking like a mirror.
Will

You obviously have quite some experience with the printing side of photography - up to this point I have contracted that out but I am starting to think about the alternatives. Thank you for sharing some of your printing options.

Mal

Pemihan

Paria Canyon-Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness, Arizona.

In November 1776 the Domínguez-Escalante expedition led by two Spanish priests, Francisco Atanasio Domínguez and Silvestre Vélez de Escalante, traveled up this canyon in search of a passage to the plateau on the left in order to reach a ford of the Colorado River. They climbed a huge sand dune which took them to the rim of the plateau and through a crack in the cliffs which today is known as "Domínguez Pass"
Five days later they crossed the Colorado at a spot now known as "Crossing of the Fathers" which today lies deep beneath the waters of Lake Powell.

Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus II 7, SK35XL - Two shots stitched.

Nathan W. Lediard

One from today.. Fotoshoot for a local artists xmas cards :)

-19 C and ice forming on the hassy... The sun was already set, so I made my own with an ARRI T1 powered by a generator :) Normally this 1000w lamp is way too hot to touch for a good while after a shoot... in these temps the housing never got any more than warm... :) A touch of fill from a silver reflector..
H4D-40 50-110 @55 f3.5 1/30 iso 400

Nathan W. Lediard

Another, this time with a profoto gridded beauty dish behind her to create some "moonlight" and the Arri as a main light. white balance was set to 3800
H4D-40 50-110 50mm @ f4 1/20

Status
Not open for further replies.