The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsjanik

I made a quick over-sketch to make the gnome face clearer. Does that help?

What can I say - as an observational scientist, I am well trained in spotting patterns, but sometimes random assemblages can mimic structure! ;)

Ray
Yes, but Ed's figure is much prettier :ROTFL:.
Here's an old film scan you may enjoy Ray. It's of shale covered by a morning frost. Titled "Faces".

Tom

CAIMG2245modblue by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Shashin

Will, care to share the method ? Perfectly all right if its proprietary.
Thanks
Nothing complicated. I move the camera during the exposure--I shoot at ISO 100 at f/22 or f/32 (I don't worry about the loss of detail through diffraction ;) ). The type of movement is important and it is relative to the shutter speed. For me, it is a tricky technique because I do not crop my images, so there is a bit of practice and a bunch of luck. To process the RAW image usually require changes the the curve as well as controlling the colors through channel mixing with saturation and luminance--the image will have a loss of contrast and saturation because of the motion..

Once the RAW is open, to get the negative image, but positive colors, simply invert the curve of the image and then rotate the colors in the hue, saturation, and brightness palette 180 degrees with the hue slider. (You can also do this by changing to Lab color space and simply inverting the luminance channel, but then you really need to go back to an RGB space for printing and display, so it is more complex.) From there you can adjust the curve as required to balance the tones.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
What a fantastic image - take away the rain and it would probably look like 100,000 other shots of the location, but the rain and the time of year and B&W - really terrific image.

Mal
Thanks very much Mal!
It was a snow day and they shut down the schools and government offices although it recovered very fast.
When I took this picture, it's more than just a picture. It really touched me and made it so special to me personally. I am glad you feel the same.

Pramote

aCIDfire

One of new campus buildings (full of metal outside) in Vienna. Walking around this building I imagined that it looks like a part of spaceship :) I tried many variations of PP but finally I like this high contrast scene..

Leica S2 + Summarit-S 35/2.5 @ f/11 61s /+CPL and LEE big stopper/

Last edited:

tsjanik

Superb pictures, which lens did you use?
Thanks very much. Both are old film scans; all this looking for figures in abstract shots reminded me of these. The first was taken with a Pentax 67 and the 135mm macro with tubes (I think); the bottom shot was with the 120mm 645 macro using a 645N.

Two more, both with the 645 120mm: Note the dragon in the second shot ;)

2009march354mod copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

2009march352 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

Last edited:

AaronK

And the flip side of what I like to shoot...

P21+, Mamiya 80/2.8D on the Phase One 645AF. A little help from an ND filter helped keep this as one exposure.

Shashin

Well, this is my last apple (Jonagold) this year for the project I started earlier. It was basically so I could blog about apple varieties in Maine. Naturally, these varieties exist outside Maine as well. Anyway, I have about 13 varieties posted for this year (if you are interested, just click on the apple tag to see them all). Apple season is coming to an end and will have to wait until next year to add to this.

ondebanks

I like the way that great images are inspiring others to post similar/related images in this thread.

Pramote's marvellous Korean War memorial image prompted me to show this one for the first time.

Normandy American Cemetery/memorial above Omaha Beach.

Mamiya 645AFD, Kodak DCS645M, "Wratten 25" custom look.
24/4 ULD fisheye.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.