The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronK

Pittsburgh, yesterday. There were gale force winds blowing the entire day. I only had a few sharp images as a result.

IQ140, Mamiya 80/2.8D, 1000X neutral density filter, 1 minute exposure, ISO 50.

I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Don Libby

I've been testing a 240LS and Schneider 2x extender for several days now while in Jackson Hole WY. The Otters are the smallest I've tried to capture and looking at these samples I'd say I'm getting closer. These are all 100% crops from the full frame images. I'll be adding thoughts here and on our blog shortly.

BlinkingEye

Landscapelover. Thanks for your photo above. I have eaten there MANY times. I lived and worked in Denver and Fort Collins for mannnnnyyyyyy years. It is amazing you got that photo with no one in there. Don't believe I ever saw it like that. Thanks.

Oh, and merry Christmas. Peace.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Landscapelover. Thanks for your photo above. I have eaten there MANY times. I lived and worked in Denver and Fort Collins for mannnnnyyyyyy years. It is amazing you got that photo with no one in there. Don't believe I ever saw it like that. Thanks.

Oh, and merry Christmas. Peace.
BlinkingEye...I drove by this place many times and have been impressed by the beauty of light and color.
You're right, it's a very busy place (24/7) except this morning when it's closed for few hours.
Merry Christmas to you too.

Pramote

Shashin

Well, how have you folks been? Soon after posting my ice-storm tree image above (post #14263), I lost power, with about 100,000 other Mainers. I just got power back this evening. Electricity is a wonderful thing. BTW, those trees I photographed above, they looked like this a day later:

I could not stand in the same place to photograph them. Ice storms can be beautiful, but they can be really destructive.

BTW, for any photographer thinking of photographing in a forest after a major ice storm, be very careful. The forest is a dangerous place as you cannot anticipate when a huge limb with break and the event can cascade to lower branches as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.