The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanS

2 Image stitch (1 from post above). Converted in SEP 2. Think I prefer this version, has more power...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

As 2013 draws to a close, I'd like to thank all those who share their images on this forum. I find them illuminating (no pun intended!) and inspiring. They challenge me to look at my own work more critically - and occasionally to despair at how much better I need to be to match some of your contributions.

All in all, it's a very satisfying experience. As for the pictures - WOW!

Thank you,
Bill

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
As 2013 draws to a close, I'd like to thank all those who share their images on this forum. I find them illuminating (no pun intended!) and inspiring. They challenge me to look at my own work more critically - and occasionally to despair at how much better I need to be to match some of your contributions.

Thank you,
Bill
Couldn't have said it any better! I often come back to this thread and look through new and older pictures. Yes, WOW!

All the best
Georg

Grayhand

A Happy New Year to all of you!
This place just get better and better for each passing year :chug:

Ray

Mamiya 6, 150mm, old Portra

tsjanik

Thank you,
Bill
I couldn't agree more and would add that this thread focuses (pun intended) more on images and less on gear, which is refreshing (even though we may all be gearheads). Finally, GETDpi and this thread in particular have none of the contentiousness that is so common in forums.

Happy New Year,

Tom

jctodd

Last of this year, or first of next? A frosty stile on an English country lane at sunrise:

Aptus 22, Cambo 1200, SK 90mm

Shashin

Happy New Year. It is the year of the horse. So, I guess that means you need to get back in the saddle and pony up for some new gear. We need no neigh-sayers.

WWLEE

Here's a shot from few nights ago. It comes with a story.
It was about 5 degrees Fahrenheit. Climbed a small peak that I knew had a good view in upstate New York in the Adirondacks. Got myself set up. Took some test shots on my IQ180 on a 645DF body using self timer and mirror lock up. Waited a half hour for the sun to hit the horizon. Then, as one can predict, just as the critical moment arrived, the self timer stopped working in a way I've never seen before on my back! So I did some quick trouble shooting to determine the problem and switched over to manually pulling the trigger as gently as possible to minimize shake. I'm guessing the cold temp. caused the failure.
Settings: ISO 35, f/22, 0.6 seconds, 2 stop grad ND filter, Schneider LS 80 f/2.8 lens
View attachment 79327

WWLEE

Another winter shot in the Adirondacks (upstate NY) from a few weeks ago, this one also at around 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit, same gear as previous photo. No gear failures here though. I'd been outside here for almost 2 hours, so the equipment was definitely very cold, but the self timer worked fine in this case.

Don Libby

Two days later and I'm still cold looking at them. Phase One 240LS DF/IQ160 both shot f/4.5 1/160 however the ISO was changed from 400 to 800. The sun wasn't fully over the mountains.

tsjanik

Another winter shot in the Adirondacks (upstate NY) from a few weeks ago, this one also at around 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit, same gear as previous photo. No gear failures here though. I'd been outside here for almost 2 hours, so the equipment was definitely very cold, but the self timer worked fine in this case.
You're a hardy soul. I lived in Saranac Lake for a few years; the Adirondacks do cold like very few places.

Don Libby

One more from the 30th. Early morning, temps around 10 degrees just a couple minutes before sunrise. f/9 1/100 ISO 400 (240LS on a DF/IQ160)

Status
Not open for further replies.